A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
For many of us computer users, a PC's CPU – or central processing unit – is an unseen device that we know little about. We’re bamboozled by numbers and frequencies ('gigahertz' or GHz) that do little to assist in our understanding of why one computer...
Whenever a hot new smartphone hits the market, one of the key specifications techies look at is its processor, which is primarily responsible for running the device's main computing functions and applications.
In honor of Towel Day, and the Glorious 25th of May, here are ten of our most favorite hacks featured in Geek Tech in the last five months, running the gambit from phone, car, and CPU mods. Read on for some great moments in geek!
With chip makers continuing to increase the number of cores they include on each new generation of their processors, perhaps it's time to rethink the basic architecture of today's operating systems, suggested Dave Probert, a kernel architect within t...
Intel yesterday had a fancy launch for its Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs. With over a dozen vendors on hand to showcase their latest laptops, PCs and more, the event was the largest we've seen in some time and there was a suitably large crowd on ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC