Four out of five iPhone users have enabled a feature that allows them to locate, lock and wipe their phones if they are lost or stolen, according to the results of a survey by the San Francisco district attorney's office.
A Pennsylvania man who hacked into multiple corporate, university and government computer networks and tried to sell access to them, including supercomputers from a U.S. national security laboratory, has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
The state attorney general for New York has sent the five largest U.S. cellphone carriers each a letter asking why they all oppose the installation of a "kill-switch" device in their handsets as a deterrent against smartphone theft.
Thirteen people, including the creator of Blackhole, a popular exploit tool used to infect computers with malware, were arrested and charged in Russia with creating and participating in a criminal organization.
An IT specialist working for the U.S. National Science Foundation has pleaded guilty to theft of government property for redirecting more than US$94,000 in government funds for his personal use, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Anonymous members, charged with a distributed denial-of-service attack on PayPal, entered a plea Thursday that could see some of them walk free at sentencing next December.
Microsoft and law enforcement agencies said Thursday that they disrupted a botnet that defrauded online advertisers of US$2.7 million a month but that the malicious network hasn't been completely eliminated.
The U.S. Department of Justice has made the right decision to not prosecute WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange for publishing leaks from former U.S. Army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning, if a recent report in the Washington Post is correct, press...
Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg will be extradited to Denmark on Wednesday, a Swedish public prosecutor confirmed Friday.
A New York federal court denied bail on Thursday to Ross William Ulbricht, the 29-year-old accused of running the Silk Road underground marketplace, deeming him a flight risk and a danger to the community.
Mobile carriers are opposed to the plan for a smartphone 'kill switch' that would render smartphones inoperable after they are stolen, claiming that it could be misused by hackers to block critical services.
Law enforcement officials trying to rein in violent smartphone theft have criticized cellular operators who they say rejected a solution that would help address the problem.
Six more alleged participants were arrested Monday in a US$45 million global ATM fraud, including one man who was photographed stuffing $800,000 into a suitcase, federal prosecutors in New York said.
A member of the hacker group Anonymous was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison for hacking into the computers of a geopolitical analysis firm.
The U.S. Department of Justice is scrutinizing sellers on underground online marketplaces, and on Thursday said federal agents had arrested one person for alleged illegal weapons sale on underground market "Black Market Reloaded" in an elaborate stin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC