A military court judge has sentenced U.S. Army Pfc. Bradley Manning to 35 years in prison on Wednesday on charges related to his leaking a large store of classified documents to Wikileaks, according to a number of published and broadcast reports.
The last member of a $US5 million global credit-card fraud ring was sentenced on Thursday in New York state court, ending an eight-year investigation and prosecution.
London Mayor Boris Johnson has signed on to a smartphone anti-theft initiative recently launched by top law enforcement officials in New York and San Francisco. He is the first official outside of the U.S. to join the effort pushing for major smartph...
The military judge overseeing the U.S. government's prosecution of Army Pfc. Bradley Manning has reduced the maximum sentence he faces by a third, but even so it still could mean life in prison.
A Texas man was charged on Tuesday in U.S. federal court with allegedly running a Bitcoin Ponzi scheme, allegedly siphoning the virtual currency from victims to pay for rent, food and gambling.
San Francisco's district attorney says he's optimistic that Apple and Samsung are making progress on a system that would render stolen smartphones unusable, but the same isn't true of Microsoft and Google.
A call by U.S. prosecutors for phone manufacturers to install a "kill switch" to discourage smartphone theft has taken a step forward, with Apple and Samsung providing handsets whose security features will be put to the test.
A Dutch draft law that aims to introduce a decryption order that forces suspects to decrypt data on their computers could violate the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), said the Dutch Council for the Judiciary on Wednesday.
The offices of Zynga, Pinterest, AirBnB and other companies in San Francisco's South of Market District were under lockdown Friday after a shooting at a nearby store located in the same building as AirBnB's headquarters.
Cyber criminals will face tougher penalties across the European Union, under new rules adopted by the European Parliament on Thursday.
A U.S. man prosecuted for exposing a weakness in how AT&T handled the personal data of its iPad users filed an appeal on Monday of his conviction and 41-month sentence.
U.S. officials should be condemned for "bullying" other nations in their attempts to get them to turn over Edward Snowden, the former U.S. National Security Agency contractor, who leaked classified information on massive surveillance programs there, ...
Ecuador is considering U.S. National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden's asylum request and has been maintaining diplomatic contact with Russia, said Ricardo Patiño Aroca, Ecuador's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Integration, on Monday.
Edward Snowden, the former U.S. National Security Agency contractor who leaked information about the country's surveillance programs, left Hong Kong Sunday to a third country.
Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor who leaked information about U.S. government mass surveillance programs, has been charged by the U.S. with espionage, the Washington Post reported Friday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC