The U.S. Department of Justice has shuttered the Blackshades malware operation, which sold potentially pernicious software that was installed on as many as 500,000 computers worldwide.
Law enforcement agencies from 16 countries on three continents last week arrested 97 people after executing raids targeting those suspected of creating, buying and using a notorious Trojan program called BlackShades.
Amazon, Snapchat and AT&T rank among the least trustworthy technology companies when it comes to how they handle government data requests, according to a report from the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
A former owner of several Subway fast-food restaurants in southern California pleaded guilty Wednesday to charges stemming from a gift card scheme that involved tampering with several other Subway stores' computerized cash registers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and the CTIA, a lobbying group for the wireless industry, discussed a major initiative last year that could have significantly cracked down on trading in stolen phones, but the plan appears to have gone nowh...
Some drivers would love to have a cellphone-free bubble around their cars, but when a Florida man allegedly created one every day on his commute, it didn't necessarily make the highway a safer place.
Police shouldn't be able to search suspects' mobile phones at the time of arrest because of the huge amounts of private information now stored on those devices, lawyers for two criminal defendants argued before U.S. Supreme Court Tuesday.
A bill that would mandate a kill-switch on all smartphones sold in California failed a key vote in the state's senate on Thursday.
Megaupload, the defunct file-storage site, is asking a Hong Kong court to release millions of dollars in assets as part of efforts to allow its former users to reclaim their data.
A U.S. federal court has affirmed contempt charges against Lavabit, rejecting an attempt by company attorneys to argue new issues on appeal.
Wireless carriers in the U.S., handset makers and the industry's lobbying group have made a significant concession on technology that could remotely disable stolen smartphones and tablets.
Andrew Auernheimer, known online as "weev," has won an appeal against his conviction for exploiting a vulnerability in AT&T's website to collect the email addresses of Apple iPad users. The 2010 incident earned him a 41-month prison sentence.
Hewlett-Packard will pay $US108 million in penalties after subsidiaries in Russia, Poland and Mexico were found to have paid bribes to win business, the US Department of Justice said.
Google has filed a protest with the Turkish courts about the government's country-wide ban of YouTube, according to a Turkish newspaper.
Technology that remotely makes a stolen smartphone useless could save American consumers up to $2.6 billion per year if it is implemented widely and leads to a reduction in theft of phones, according to a new report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- US Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC