The U.S. government should deputize private companies to strike back against cyberattackers as a way to discourage widespread threats against the nation's businesses, a former government official says.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
A security company in the U.S. has provided further evidence that last year's devastating hacking attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment was carried out by a group with ties to North Korea.
One of the zero-day flaws patched by Microsoft on Tuesday had been used for some time by a group with suspected Chinese government ties that targets technology companies, CrowdStrike's chief executive said.
A malware threat previously used in attacks against energy sector companies is now being aimed at organizations that use or develop industrial applications and machines.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW