A spate of recent news stories have revealed that a wide variety of lobby groups have financial ties to broadband carriers and trade associations, accusing them of faking grassroots opposition to strong net neutrality rules.
Google and Facebook continued to pour millions of dollars into federal political lobbying in the third quarter in attempts to influence U.S. lawmakers and have legislation written in their favor.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should not hold mobile carriers to the same net neutrality rules as it does for wired broadband providers because of unique mobile network management challenges, the head of the largest U.S. mobile trade gro...
SAP and Ericsson have joined forces to help enterprises manage mobile devices and apps as a service.
The keynote stage at CTIA became a net neutrality boxing ring again on Wednesday as the head of the show's sponsor, CTIA President and CEO Meredith Attwell Baker, sharply disagreed with Tuesday's comments by FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler about how the mob...
Back-end technology that AT&T implemented partly for VoLTE (voice over LTE) will help make the Apple Watch and other connected devices useful.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is reexamining how it treats wireless net neutrality, in response to public comments on the agency's proposed Open Internet rules.
Internet of Things devices that are too small to reach the Internet by themselves will get help from a vast network of nearby smartphone users if the latest plan from FireChat vendor Open Garden succeeds.
Widely accepted projections of a shortage of mobile spectrum may not be as dire as many analysts in the mobile and tech sectors are making it out to be, according to a new study.
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has voted to approve legislation that would allow mobile phone owners to unlock their devices for the purposes of switching carriers.
Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation aimed at expanding the amount of Wi-Fi spectrum available in a band now designated for intelligent vehicle communications, satellite service and amateur radio.
The total amount of data handled by wireless carriers in the U.S. more than doubled in 2013, an increase driven in large part by video traffic.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and the CTIA, a lobbying group for the wireless industry, discussed a major initiative last year that could have significantly cracked down on trading in stolen phones, but the plan appears to have gone nowh...
A bill that would mandate a kill-switch on all smartphones sold in California failed a key vote in the state's senate on Thursday.
Completing the circle of Beltway life, the mobile industry group CTIA has named a former member of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission as its president and CEO.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Drupal: If you weren't quick to patch, assume your site was hacked
- Smartphone share of overall mobile phone sales stalling at 70 percent
- Pirate Bay co-founder found guilty of hacking in Denmark
- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- China: Facebook not banned, but must follow the rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW