A California man was sentenced to 12 years and seven months in prison Thursday for his role as the brains behind a widespread phishing scam that took in more than 38,000 victims.
U.K. police said Wednesday they are questioning two more teenage Anonymous suspects, one of whom they identified as "Topiary," who is a spokesman for the group. Topiary's may be the most significant arrest of any Anonymous suspect so far.
Civil disobedience isn't always glamorous -- especially when it comes time to pay the piper.
The cofounder of online news site Reddit has been charged with computer intrusion, fraud and data theft for allegedly stealing 4.8 million documents from a Massachusetts Institute of Technology network, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Romanian law enforcement officials on Thursday executed 117 searches targeting more than 100 people in an ongoing effort with the U.S. Department of Justice to break up a large Internet auction fraud scheme, the DOJ said.
U.K. cybercrime investigators claimed victory with the sentencing of three men on Monday following the prosecution of an organized phishing gang.
A consortium of eight companies launched a campaign on Tuesday to provide better training for law enforcement agencies in order to tackle cybercrime, which costs the U.K. economy tens of billions of pounds annually.
Time may be running out for the members of LulzSec as police continue to step up their inquiries into the hacking group.
A 27-year-old man has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for managing a phishing operation in conjunction with Egyptian hackers that looted consumer bank accounts.
The LulzSec hacking group <a href="http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/50%20Days%20of%20Lulz.txt">sailed off into the sunset Saturday,</a> leaving behind a treasure trove of stolen data along with what some antivirus programs identified as a nasty surpr...
Citigroup suffered about US$2.7 million in losses after hackers found a way to steal credit card numbers from its website and post fraudulent charges.
A 26-year-old man who last year helped hackers publish personal information belonging to about 120,000 iPad users pleaded guilty to fraud and hacking charges in a New Jersey court Thursday.
A 19-year-old British man who remains the lone suspect detained for a series of successful cyberstrikes by the hacking group Lulz Security will remain in police custody until at least Saturday, a London court ruled Thursday.
Ukraine's security service said on Thursday it had disrupted a cybercrime ring that cost the banking industry more than US$72 million using Conficker, a fast-spreading worm unleashed in 2008.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has taken aim at two Latvian gangs that allegedly made tens of millions of dollars by sneaking fake virus warnings onto victims' computers and then charging them to clean up the mess.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- NSA chief says cyberattacks on industrial systems are his top concern
- Intel plans 3D NAND flash next year for 'as much storage as you want'
- Governments act against webcam-snooping websites
- Facebook's alternative PHP engine attracts Web service providers
- Intel planning thumb-sized PCs for next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT