Ukraine's security service said on Thursday it had disrupted a cybercrime ring that cost the banking industry more than US$72 million using Conficker, a fast-spreading worm unleashed in 2008.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has taken aim at two Latvian gangs that allegedly made tens of millions of dollars by sneaking fake virus warnings onto victims' computers and then charging them to clean up the mess.
Websites belonging to the Brazilian government and energy giant Petrobras were knocked offline Wednesday in a series of cyberattacks.
The hacking group known as LulzSec pledged to continue their online rampage Tuesday, a day after U.K. police arrested a man allegedly affiliated with the group.
U.K. police arrested a 19-year-old on Monday for allegedly attacking a police website earlier in the day, in what is the first arrest connected with the rogue hacking group Lulz Security.
An Indian man has been charged with breaking into a company's Internet domain name registration account as part of a US$1 million extortion attempt.
Two German men were sentenced Thursday in a Duisberg court for hacking computers containing material belonging to Lady Gaga, Dr. Dre and other musicians, stealing their banking data and accessing e-mail accounts.
Debbie Crowell never ordered the iPhone, but thanks to a hacking group known as Lulzsec, she spent a good part of her Thursday morning trying to get US$712.00 in charges reversed after someone broke into her Amazon account and ordered it.
A Michigan court has ruled that Comerica Bank is liable for a US$560,000 cyberheist, saying the bank should have done a better job to spot millions of dollars in fraudulent transactions after one of the bank's customers was tricked in a phishing atta...
Five dollars for control over 1,000 compromised email accounts. Eight dollars for a distributed denial-of-service attack that takes down a website for an hour. And just a buck to solve 1,000 captchas.
The hacking group known as LulzSec called it Titanic Takeover Tuesday. Gamers called it by a variety of names, many of which cannot be reprinted here. But for system administrators at a handful of gaming companies, Tuesday, June 14 was a nightmare: t...
The Lulzsec hacking group continues to cause headaches for IT staffers. On Monday it published data it obtained from servers belonging to the U.S. Senate and Bethesda Softworks, a Rockville, Maryland, game maker.
For any company that makes its living selling security, it's a nightmare come true. This week, RSA Security admitted that <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/031811-rsa-warns-securid-customers-after.html">hackers who broke into its network...
Spanish police said Friday they arrested three members of the Anonymous hacking group who allegedly directed attacks on banks, government websites and companies including Sony.
Federal authorities have seized all the cash in a Swiss bank account held by a scareware mogul and scam artist who is charged with selling phony Symantec security software.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD