An anonymous hacker who claimed to have broken into monitoring systems at a New Mexico wind turbine facility made the whole thing up, security experts said Monday.
One day after a hacker posted screen shots and data to a hacking mailing list, saying he had broken into a New Mexico wind turbine facility, the company that runs the turbines says it has seen no evidence of a computer intrusion.
Claiming revenge for an "illegitimate firing," someone has posted screenshots and other data, apparently showing that he was able to break a 200 megawat wind turbine system owned by NextEra Energy Resources, a subsidiary of Florida Power & Light.
A new week, a new rash of attacks against security vendors, email marketers and banks. It would be easy to point fingers and laugh at the irony, especially in the case of security vendors, but that would be both petty and shortsighted.
The U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation have obtained a temporary restraining order allowing them to disrupt a computer virus that created an international botnet controlling more than 2.3 million computers as of early...
Last week, consumers in the U.S. were bombarded with e-mail messages warning them of what may be the most widely felt data breach in U.S. history. A company that most of them had never heard of, Epsilon Interactive, had been compromised and their nam...
U.K. police arrested three men late last week in connection with using the SpyEye malware program to steal online banking details.
People who make a lot of online transactions, are popular online and who respond to most of the emails they receive are at the highest risk for being duped by malicious phishers, according to a multi-university study.
The company responsible for one of the most publicized data breaches this year fears it may now lose some business but says that it continues to pump out marketing email as usual.
Verizon customers this week received email informing them that their personal contact information had been compromised as part of the expansive attack against Epsilon.
Hackers have broken into The Hartford insurance company and installed password-stealing programs on several of the company's Windows servers.
RSA has started providing more detail into the mid-March attack on its SecurID token-based authentication system, but to get a fuller story you have to be an RSA customer willing to sign a nondisclosure agreement (NDA).
The hacker group that exposed holes in McAfee's website knows it's breaking U.S. law, but vows to continue exposing vulnerabilities, especially on security vendor websites.
When Anonymous attacked HBGary Federal back in January, it set off a chain of events that has spawned widespread fascination, fear, anger and some paranoia among the security industry, government, law firms, Congress and even Anonymous itself.
A former high school senior from Orange County, California, has pleaded guilty to charges that he installed spyware on school computers in order to boost his grades.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Tough camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle brings Ghostery into Marketing Cloud to help users monitor their websites
- Sales dates set for first products that work with Apple's HomeKit
- Senate passes bill to rein in NSA phone dragnet
- Microsoft opens the gates on Dynamics GP 2015 R2
- Pinterest turns its feed into a store with 'buyable pins'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW