The ultimate fee for the data breach last month at email service provider Epsilon could reach as high as $4 billion, depending on what becomes of the data that was stolen, according to a cyber-risk advisory firm.
The city of Taipei is demanding that Sony provide details about any leak of PlayStation Network user data following an intrusion last week or face fines.
It's still unclear why it took Sony so long to admit it lost customers' personally identifiable information in the wake of the PlayStation Network attack, but the real reason may have more to do with legal considerations than how long it took the com...
The Sony PlayStation Network data breach that exposed personal and password information -- and possibly credit cards -- of an estimated 77 million people is already considered one of tech history's worst security failures.
The massive Sony PlayStation Network data breach that exposed personal and password information -- and possibly credit cards -- of an estimated 77 million people is an identity-theft bonanza.
The general responsible for investigating the Stuxnet attack on Iran's nuclear program says that the country was also hit by a second targeted attack, called Stars.
Anonymous -- the group credited with taking down security vendor HBGary Federal and defending WikiLeaks by attacking websites of its perceived enemies -- says it has nothing to do with the network trouble crippling Sony's PlayStation site, despite ha...
Seattle police are investigating a group of criminals who they say have been cruising around town in a black Mercedes stealing credit card data by tapping into wireless networks belonging to area businesses.
A Georgia man connected to US$36.6 million in credit card fraud pleaded guilty Thursday to trafficking in counterfeit credit cards and aggravated identity theft, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
A German software company known for its Windows utilities is warning customers to be on the alert for malicious e-mail messages after its servers were hacked.
Verizon's just-released "2011 Data Breach Investigations Report" says businesses could prevent most data breaches if they stick to security principles that are cheap and easy to implement.
Criminals carried out more but smaller data thefts last year than in previous years, indicating a shift toward simpler exploits that run lower risk of punishment, according to Verizon's latest data breach report.
When Google admitted last year that it had been targeted by sophisticated hackers, possibly from China, it introduced a new term into the high technology lexicon -- the advanced persistent threat. These attacks are sophisticated, targeted, and almost...
An anonymous hacker who claimed to have broken into monitoring systems at a New Mexico wind turbine facility made the whole thing up, security experts said Monday.
One day after a hacker posted screen shots and data to a hacking mailing list, saying he had broken into a New Mexico wind turbine facility, the company that runs the turbines says it has seen no evidence of a computer intrusion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCWebpage DesignerACT
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCScrum Master/ Agile CoachVIC