The city of Taipei is demanding that Sony provide details about any leak of PlayStation Network user data following an intrusion last week or face fines.
It's still unclear why it took Sony so long to admit it lost customers' personally identifiable information in the wake of the PlayStation Network attack, but the real reason may have more to do with legal considerations than how long it took the com...
The Sony PlayStation Network data breach that exposed personal and password information -- and possibly credit cards -- of an estimated 77 million people is already considered one of tech history's worst security failures.
The massive Sony PlayStation Network data breach that exposed personal and password information -- and possibly credit cards -- of an estimated 77 million people is an identity-theft bonanza.
The general responsible for investigating the Stuxnet attack on Iran's nuclear program says that the country was also hit by a second targeted attack, called Stars.
Anonymous -- the group credited with taking down security vendor HBGary Federal and defending WikiLeaks by attacking websites of its perceived enemies -- says it has nothing to do with the network trouble crippling Sony's PlayStation site, despite ha...
Seattle police are investigating a group of criminals who they say have been cruising around town in a black Mercedes stealing credit card data by tapping into wireless networks belonging to area businesses.
A Georgia man connected to US$36.6 million in credit card fraud pleaded guilty Thursday to trafficking in counterfeit credit cards and aggravated identity theft, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
A German software company known for its Windows utilities is warning customers to be on the alert for malicious e-mail messages after its servers were hacked.
Verizon's just-released "2011 Data Breach Investigations Report" says businesses could prevent most data breaches if they stick to security principles that are cheap and easy to implement.
Criminals carried out more but smaller data thefts last year than in previous years, indicating a shift toward simpler exploits that run lower risk of punishment, according to Verizon's latest data breach report.
When Google admitted last year that it had been targeted by sophisticated hackers, possibly from China, it introduced a new term into the high technology lexicon -- the advanced persistent threat. These attacks are sophisticated, targeted, and almost...
An anonymous hacker who claimed to have broken into monitoring systems at a New Mexico wind turbine facility made the whole thing up, security experts said Monday.
One day after a hacker posted screen shots and data to a hacking mailing list, saying he had broken into a New Mexico wind turbine facility, the company that runs the turbines says it has seen no evidence of a computer intrusion.
Claiming revenge for an "illegitimate firing," someone has posted screenshots and other data, apparently showing that he was able to break a 200 megawat wind turbine system owned by NextEra Energy Resources, a subsidiary of Florida Power & Light.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC