Claiming revenge for an "illegitimate firing," someone has posted screenshots and other data, apparently showing that he was able to break a 200 megawat wind turbine system owned by NextEra Energy Resources, a subsidiary of Florida Power & Light.
A new week, a new rash of attacks against security vendors, email marketers and banks. It would be easy to point fingers and laugh at the irony, especially in the case of security vendors, but that would be both petty and shortsighted.
The U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation have obtained a temporary restraining order allowing them to disrupt a computer virus that created an international botnet controlling more than 2.3 million computers as of early...
Last week, consumers in the U.S. were bombarded with e-mail messages warning them of what may be the most widely felt data breach in U.S. history. A company that most of them had never heard of, Epsilon Interactive, had been compromised and their nam...
U.K. police arrested three men late last week in connection with using the SpyEye malware program to steal online banking details.
People who make a lot of online transactions, are popular online and who respond to most of the emails they receive are at the highest risk for being duped by malicious phishers, according to a multi-university study.
The company responsible for one of the most publicized data breaches this year fears it may now lose some business but says that it continues to pump out marketing email as usual.
Verizon customers this week received email informing them that their personal contact information had been compromised as part of the expansive attack against Epsilon.
Hackers have broken into The Hartford insurance company and installed password-stealing programs on several of the company's Windows servers.
RSA has started providing more detail into the mid-March attack on its SecurID token-based authentication system, but to get a fuller story you have to be an RSA customer willing to sign a nondisclosure agreement (NDA).
The hacker group that exposed holes in McAfee's website knows it's breaking U.S. law, but vows to continue exposing vulnerabilities, especially on security vendor websites.
When Anonymous attacked HBGary Federal back in January, it set off a chain of events that has spawned widespread fascination, fear, anger and some paranoia among the security industry, government, law firms, Congress and even Anonymous itself.
A former high school senior from Orange County, California, has pleaded guilty to charges that he installed spyware on school computers in order to boost his grades.
A Texas man was charged Monday by the U.S. Department of Justice with helping to inflate the prices of penny stock companies by promoting them with a spam-spewing botnet of hacked computers.
A former Goldman Sachs computer programmer has received a stiff prison sentence for stealing source code used in the company's high-frequency trading system.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperWA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW