As the country's electricity grid undergoes a transformation and moves toward a more intelligently networked, automated system, it faces an increasing amount cybersecurity issues.
A former U.S. Transportation Security Administration contractor will serve two years in prison for messing with sensitive government databases used to identify terrorists as they try to enter the U.S.
An online retail site at University of Connecticut is warning thousands of customers that their billing information may have been hacked.
Recent data breaches at two banks underscore what's becoming a gnarly problem for companies that handle sensitive information: When does a hacked PC become a data breach?
South Korea has concluded that Google illegally collected personal data while collecting information for its Street View map service, an official at the country's National Police Agency (NPA) said on Thursday.
We were wrong -- so far -- that Carol Bartz would be ousted as Yahoo CEO by the end of this year, but we were right that Apple's tablet, whose name wasn't known at the end of last year, would be huge. OK, so that second one was probably a given, but ...
If you think your Gawker account has been compromised by this weekend's attack and you want to cancel it, you can't.
Laptops can be stolen. Neoflyer asked the PCWorld.com Answer Line forum for tips on protecting them.
People using a tool to conduct distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks against other websites in support of WikiLeaks can easily be traced, according to computer security researchers.
E-mail addresses and password details for 200,000 registered users of Gawker Media websites are now circulating on peer-to-peer networks after a weekend hack attack. The company warned users to change their passwords -- including on other sites, if t...
The activists behind Operation Payback have come up with a new way to annoy corporations that have severed their ties with WikiLeaks: bombard them with faxes.
As the distributed denial-of-service attacks spawned by this week's WikiLeaks events continue, network operators are discussing what progress, if any, has been made over the past decade to detect and thwart DoS attacks.
Dutch authorities arrested a 16-year-old boy on Wednesday in relation to the cyberattacks against Visa, MasterCard and PayPal, which were aimed at punishing those companies for cutting off services to WikiLeaks.
Hackers broke into the state of Iowa's Amber Alert website and issued a bogus alert over the weekend.
Certain Web sites probe visiting browsers for data that can be used to help criminals craft phishing attacks that compromise the accounts of online banking customers, researchers have found.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT