President Obama believes Sony made a mistake in canceling release of "The Interview" following a major cyberattack and said the U.S. is prepared to respond to the attack, but he wouldn't say when or how.
North Korea was responsible for the devastating cyberattack on Sony Pictures, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation said Friday after a two-week investigation.
North Korea or not? There's still a lot we don't know about the attack on Sony Pictures and those behind it.
Sony Pictures has been hit by a second lawsuit alleging it didn't do enough to safeguard the personal information of employees that was lost in a major hack in late November.
Sony Pictures on Wednesday canceled the Dec. 25 release of its controversial comedy, "The Interview," after theater chains decided not to play the film following terrorist threats after a cyber attack.
Two former employees of Sony Pictures have filed a lawsuit against the company alleging it didn't do enough to safeguard their personal information and prevent its loss in a massive cyberattack in late November.
The hackers who attacked Sony Pictures have apparently moved on to a new tactic: attempting to spread fear among the general public.
An Illinois hospital says someone attempted to blackmail it to stop the release of data about some of its patients.
The hackers who stole gigabytes of data from Sony Pictures have asked employees of the company to contact them if they don't want their information to become public.
A further dump of Sony Pictures corporate secrets appears to have been put on the Internet over the weekend, with hackers warning of more to come.
The U.S. fight against cybercrime would be more effective if companies put more trust in the country's law enforcement agencies, a top U.S. Department of Justice official said.
The email boxes of two top Sony executives were leaked online on Monday, the latest release of potentially embarrassing corporate information following a major hack on the company's computer networks two weeks ago.
The group claiming responsibility for the Sony Pictures hack has denied it threatened Sony employees and demanded the studio halt the release of a movie that makes light of an assassination attempt on the leader of North Korea.
North Korea's government has denied any involvement in the attack on Sony Pictures, but in a Sunday statement indicated that it's not necessarily unhappy that it happened.
The hack against Sony Pictures appeared to enter new territory on Friday when employees reportedly received messages threatening them and their families.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2ACT
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- CCTest Analyst - Mid/Junior levelVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW