President Obama believes Sony made a mistake in canceling release of "The Interview" following a major cyberattack and said the U.S. is prepared to respond to the attack, but he wouldn't say when or how.
North Korea was responsible for the devastating cyberattack on Sony Pictures, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation said Friday after a two-week investigation.
North Korea or not? There's still a lot we don't know about the attack on Sony Pictures and those behind it.
Sony Pictures has been hit by a second lawsuit alleging it didn't do enough to safeguard the personal information of employees that was lost in a major hack in late November.
Sony Pictures on Wednesday canceled the Dec. 25 release of its controversial comedy, "The Interview," after theater chains decided not to play the film following terrorist threats after a cyber attack.
Two former employees of Sony Pictures have filed a lawsuit against the company alleging it didn't do enough to safeguard their personal information and prevent its loss in a massive cyberattack in late November.
The hackers who attacked Sony Pictures have apparently moved on to a new tactic: attempting to spread fear among the general public.
An Illinois hospital says someone attempted to blackmail it to stop the release of data about some of its patients.
The hackers who stole gigabytes of data from Sony Pictures have asked employees of the company to contact them if they don't want their information to become public.
A further dump of Sony Pictures corporate secrets appears to have been put on the Internet over the weekend, with hackers warning of more to come.
The U.S. fight against cybercrime would be more effective if companies put more trust in the country's law enforcement agencies, a top U.S. Department of Justice official said.
The email boxes of two top Sony executives were leaked online on Monday, the latest release of potentially embarrassing corporate information following a major hack on the company's computer networks two weeks ago.
The group claiming responsibility for the Sony Pictures hack has denied it threatened Sony employees and demanded the studio halt the release of a movie that makes light of an assassination attempt on the leader of North Korea.
North Korea's government has denied any involvement in the attack on Sony Pictures, but in a Sunday statement indicated that it's not necessarily unhappy that it happened.
The hack against Sony Pictures appeared to enter new territory on Friday when employees reportedly received messages threatening them and their families.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT