The Chinese government says accusations that it was involved in cyberattacks against U.S. transportation contractors are "totally groundless and untenable."
The CTO of a Costa Rica-based payment network that U.S. prosecutors allege primarily served the cybercriminal underworld pleaded guilty on Thursday to one count of conspiring to operate an unlicensed money transmitting business.
Europol launched a cybercrime task force Monday to fight online crime in the EU and other countries.
A Chinese man has been indicted for allegedly directing two China-based hackers to infiltrate Boeing and other defense contractors to steal gigabytes of documents describing U.S. military aircraft.
Six people have been indicted on charges of running an international ring that resold tickets bought through compromised StubHub accounts for some of New York's biggest concerts and sporting events.
Romanian and French authorities have dismantled a cybercriminal network that infected computers at money transfer outlets across Europe and used them to perform illegal transactions.
Police from eight countries together with several private security companies disrupted the online infrastructure used by cybercriminals to control computers infected with a malware program called Shylock.
An antispam organization is pushing for quick law enforcement action against five people it alleges took part in one of the largest cyberattacks on record that caused Internet outages throughout Europe early last year.
A Russian man suspected of hacking into point-of-sale systems at U.S. retailers has been arrested and faces charges in a U.S. court, the Department Justice said.
French police have questioned three people in connection with a Bitcoin exchange that, police say, handled 2,750 illicit transactions.
A Nevada-based company has regained control of the majority of domains seized by Microsoft in a legal action aimed at shutting down botnets.
Microsoft's seizure of domains from a DNS service provider has also disrupted some state-sponsored cyberespionage campaigns, according to security vendor Kaspersky Lab.
Microsoft admitted Tuesday it made a technical error after it commandeered part of an Internet service's network in order to shut down a botnet, but the Nevada-based company says its services are still down.
A Romanian man sentenced just last week in his own country for raiding online accounts linked to prominent politicians and celebrities was indicted Thursday in a U.S. federal court.
More than US$17 million in bitcoins seized from the Silk Road is planned for auction by the U.S. Marshals Service, affirming that the country's law enforcement views the virtual currency like any other asset.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCService ManagerACT