A vulnerability found in the late 1990s in Microsoft Windows can still be used to steal login credentials, according to a security advisory released Monday.
Some Internet gateway devices commonly used by hotels and conference centers can easily be compromised by hackers, allowing them to launch a variety of attacks against guests accessing the Wi-Fi networks.
For the past two years, a team of Iranian hackers has compromised computers and networks belonging to over 50 organizations from 16 countries, including airlines, defense contractors, universities, military installations, hospitals, airports, telecom...
Intruders used to creep in through ventilation ducts. Now they break in using the software that controls the ventilation.
Hackers could have turned up the heat in one of Google's offices in Sydney. Literally.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC