The number of computers in North America infected by the Backoff malware, which is blamed for a string of payment card breaches, has risen sharply, according to research from network security company Damballa.
The number of malware samples that use P-to-P (peer-to-peer) communications has increased fivefold during the past 12 months, according to researchers from security firm Damballa.
The first three months of 2013 have seen a surge in spam volume, as well as large numbers of samples of the Koobface social networking worm and master boot record (MBR) infecting malware, according to antivirus vendor McAfee.
Security researchers from Damballa have found a new variant of the Pushdo malware that's better at hiding its malicious network traffic and is more resilient to coordinated takedown efforts.
A dangerous piece of malicious code responsible for stealing money from online bank accounts is being updated with new functions after its source code was leaked earlier this year, according to security researchers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA