A controversial program allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect millions of domestic telephone records expired Sunday night after the Senate failed to vote on a bill to extend the authority for the surveillance.
The U.S. Congress would endanger the nation's security by passing even watered-down legislation to limit the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic phone records, several U.S. senators said Thursday.
A U.S. surveillance court has given the National Security Agency no limit on the number of U.S. telephone records it collects in the name of fighting terrorism, the NSA director said Thursday.
Cyberattacks are near the top of the list of most serious threats facing the U.S., with the rivaling concerns about terrorism and North Korea, intelligence officials with President Barack Obama's administration said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW