The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
If the waiter was rude, your hotel room dirty or the plumber sloppy, you should be able to say so online without fear of getting slapped with a lawsuit.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has reportedly launched an investigation into the Federal Trade Commission's use of information from a peer-to-peer security vendor to bring a data breach complaint against a medical testing laboratory.
Critics of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched deployment of HealthCare.gov can point to a series of management mistakes, but many observers point to a more systematic problem with government IT contracts.
A congressional hearing Wednesday on the botched rollout of HealthCare.gov was largely a forum for Republican critics of U.S. government involvement in the health-care industry and other large social programs.
Top IT officials from U.S. President Barack Obama's administration insisted HealthCare.gov is as secure as possible, despite questions raised from inside the government before the flawed website's launch.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has approved legislation that would more than double the current skilled immigration H-1B cap with the focus on science and technology workers.
U.S. lawmakers pledged to rewrite an antihacking law as hundreds of people gathered in Washington, D.C., to mourn the death of Internet activist and innovator Aaron Swartz.
The Senate Armed Services Committee plans to investigate what happened with a massive, failed U.S. Air Force ERP (enterprise resource planning) project, amid a rising tide of calls for action on Capitol Hill to reduce wasteful IT spending.
U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday urged government officials to clamp down on bad IT contracts and limit duplication across projects, with an estimated one quarter of federal spending on IT wasted every year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
- Senator stalls intelligence funding bill over surveillance concerns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW