The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
If the waiter was rude, your hotel room dirty or the plumber sloppy, you should be able to say so online without fear of getting slapped with a lawsuit.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has reportedly launched an investigation into the Federal Trade Commission's use of information from a peer-to-peer security vendor to bring a data breach complaint against a medical testing laboratory.
Critics of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched deployment of HealthCare.gov can point to a series of management mistakes, but many observers point to a more systematic problem with government IT contracts.
A congressional hearing Wednesday on the botched rollout of HealthCare.gov was largely a forum for Republican critics of U.S. government involvement in the health-care industry and other large social programs.
Top IT officials from U.S. President Barack Obama's administration insisted HealthCare.gov is as secure as possible, despite questions raised from inside the government before the flawed website's launch.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has approved legislation that would more than double the current skilled immigration H-1B cap with the focus on science and technology workers.
U.S. lawmakers pledged to rewrite an antihacking law as hundreds of people gathered in Washington, D.C., to mourn the death of Internet activist and innovator Aaron Swartz.
The Senate Armed Services Committee plans to investigate what happened with a massive, failed U.S. Air Force ERP (enterprise resource planning) project, amid a rising tide of calls for action on Capitol Hill to reduce wasteful IT spending.
U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday urged government officials to clamp down on bad IT contracts and limit duplication across projects, with an estimated one quarter of federal spending on IT wasted every year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW