Acronis makes True Image Home 2011 even easier to use
Clickfree Wireless Backup review: A 500GB external hard drive with Wi-Fi that you can set and forget
A simple Clickfree solution for backing up multiple computers over a home network
The Clickfree Transformer SE dongle will allow you to easily back up data onto any external USB 2.0 hard drive
DLT, SuperDLT, LTO, 3480, 3490e, 3590, 3570, TK50, 4mm-DDS, 8mm, AIT, QIC, and 9-track, these are a few of my favorite things. Not exactly how the old song goes, but rest assured that what you have on your old data tapes – regardless of the format – ...
I’m still in the audience at the DEMOFall conference, and still taking in demonstrations of new products and services. One of the cooler ideas this morning is Symform, a small-business remote-backup service. Technically, it’s utterly unlike services ...
The amount of storage needed for increasing amounts of data will rise ten-fold in the next five years, yet only one in three users are actively backing up their files, data from a recent Western Digital study revealed recently.
At DCA we regularly deal with people who come to us for data recovery. We have a pretty good track record at salvaging important files; however, in many instances of catastrophic damage to the hard drive, there is no means of recovery. This can leave...
A reader wants to know the downside of backing his data to a flash drive, then deleting it from his hard drive.
Robert wants to know if Windows 7's built-in backup program is worth using.
Peter's motherboard died. How can he retrieve the data on his hard drive?
Nag, nag, nag is what I feel like sometimes when talking about backups, but I'm compelled to help people in spite of themselves. The bottom line is simple: lose data, lose dollars. When you talk about some type of disaster, such as fire or theft of y...
Mention Shakespeare and everyone spouts "To be or not to be." Mention backup, and the question becomes, "To tape or not to tape?" Is tape dead, or do tape-based backup systems still have a place in the modern small business?
It can be a storage nightmare: Given expanding regulatory requirements and the key role that electronic records now play in lawsuits, some enterprises are saving every bit of data they have, just to be safe. As a gauge of storage demand, IDC says the...
Interest in modular data centers is growing, fueled by high-profile endorsements from Microsoft and Google. But the model raises new management concerns, and efficiency claims may be exaggerated.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW