The UPS Store said Wednesday that malicious software was found on the systems of 51 of its franchises in 24 U.S. states, although no fraud has been detected yet.
The theft of personal data on 4.5 million patients of Community Health Systems by hackers in China highlights the increasing degree to which hospitals are becoming lucrative targets for information theft.
A major U.S. hospital operator says hackers based in China broke into its computer systems and stole data on 4.5 million patients.
There's a push to adopt chip-equipped payment cards in the US following high-profile breaches at large retailers and restaurant chains during the past 12 months, but experts warn that switching to this payment system will not make fraud disappear.
Two U.S. federal agencies have halted background checks with a contractor that said Wednesday its networks had been breached in a cyberattack suspected to have been coordinated by an unnamed country.
There's still much that's unclear about Tuesday's revelation that a small group of hackers in Russia have amassed a database of 1.2 billion stolen user IDs and passwords. The company that disclosed the incident, Hold Security, didn't offer any fresh ...
Don't worry, you're not the only one with more questions than answers about the 1.2 billion user credentials amassed by Russian hackers.
Criminals in Russia have amassed a huge database of 1.2 billion stolen user names and passwords and half a billion email addresses, a U.S.-based Internet security company said Wednesday.
The hack of credit-card-processing terminals at PF Chang's hit 33 of the company's locations across the U.S. and continued for around eight months, the company said Monday.
Mozilla's website for developers leaked email addresses and encrypted passwords of registered users for about a month due to a database error, the organization said Friday.
The IT infrastructure of the National Research Council of Canada was recently compromised by highly sophisticated Chinese state-sponsored hackers, the Canadian government said Tuesday.
Hackers have stolen user contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers, from the website of the European Central Bank and attempted to extort money from the institution.
Six people have been indicted on charges of running an international ring that resold tickets bought through compromised StubHub accounts for some of New York's biggest concerts and sporting events.
A vulnerability in a web-based graphics system led to a breach of The Wall Street Journal's network by a hacker, the newspaper acknowledged late Tuesday.
Goodwill Industries International said on Monday that federal authorities are investigating a possible payment card breach at its US-based retail outlets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW