The UPS Store said Wednesday that malicious software was found on the systems of 51 of its franchises in 24 U.S. states, although no fraud has been detected yet.
The theft of personal data on 4.5 million patients of Community Health Systems by hackers in China highlights the increasing degree to which hospitals are becoming lucrative targets for information theft.
A major U.S. hospital operator says hackers based in China broke into its computer systems and stole data on 4.5 million patients.
There's a push to adopt chip-equipped payment cards in the US following high-profile breaches at large retailers and restaurant chains during the past 12 months, but experts warn that switching to this payment system will not make fraud disappear.
Two U.S. federal agencies have halted background checks with a contractor that said Wednesday its networks had been breached in a cyberattack suspected to have been coordinated by an unnamed country.
There's still much that's unclear about Tuesday's revelation that a small group of hackers in Russia have amassed a database of 1.2 billion stolen user IDs and passwords. The company that disclosed the incident, Hold Security, didn't offer any fresh ...
Don't worry, you're not the only one with more questions than answers about the 1.2 billion user credentials amassed by Russian hackers.
Criminals in Russia have amassed a huge database of 1.2 billion stolen user names and passwords and half a billion email addresses, a U.S.-based Internet security company said Wednesday.
The hack of credit-card-processing terminals at PF Chang's hit 33 of the company's locations across the U.S. and continued for around eight months, the company said Monday.
Mozilla's website for developers leaked email addresses and encrypted passwords of registered users for about a month due to a database error, the organization said Friday.
The IT infrastructure of the National Research Council of Canada was recently compromised by highly sophisticated Chinese state-sponsored hackers, the Canadian government said Tuesday.
Hackers have stolen user contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers, from the website of the European Central Bank and attempted to extort money from the institution.
Six people have been indicted on charges of running an international ring that resold tickets bought through compromised StubHub accounts for some of New York's biggest concerts and sporting events.
A vulnerability in a web-based graphics system led to a breach of The Wall Street Journal's network by a hacker, the newspaper acknowledged late Tuesday.
Goodwill Industries International said on Monday that federal authorities are investigating a possible payment card breach at its US-based retail outlets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Opening up Z-Wave code may help to make IoT hum
- Acer is betting your pets need gadgets too
- Bang & Olufsen puts a new spin on the portable Bluetooth speaker
- Meet the newest member of SAP's Hana family: a data warehouse
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCCompliance Officer - ProcurementVIC
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC