Two banks that took legal action against Target over its recent data breach have withdrawn their claims, apparently due to an erroneous allegation against a security vendor also named in the suit.
One of the two banks suing Target and security vendor Trustwave over responsibility for one the largest data breaches in history has pulled out of the lawsuit.
A new variant of the Gameover computer Trojan is targeting job seekers and recruiters by attempting to steal log-in credentials for Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com accounts.
Security vendor Trustwave was accused in a class-action suit of failing to detect the attack that led to Target's data breach, one of the largest on record.
Security protections have been tightened at many of the major online services, as firms like Google and Microsoft pledge to protect their users against unwanted prying eyes. But while many people fret about unwarranted government access to their data...
Atlanta cancer-screening laboratory LabMD has stepped up its challenge of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's authority to enforce data security standards by filing a lawsuit against the agency.
Web servers running a long-outdated version of the Linux kernel were attacked with dramatic speed over two days last week, Cisco Systems said on Thursday.
An Electronic Arts website was hacked in a phishing scheme aimed at the acquisition of Apple IDs and credit card numbers, security researchers reported Wednesday.
Wickr, a startup that provides encrypted messaging, is now licensing its security technology to other application vendors.
If you're a Facebook user and you want the best form of encryption to keep hackers and spies out of your posts and chats, you don't have a ton of options now.
Sally Beauty Holdings confirmed Monday that it fell victim to a data breach, an incident that may have coincided with a project to update point-of-sale terminals at its U.S. stores, a recent regulatory filing shows.
Target said Thursday it investigated but ultimately dismissed early signs of a data breach, a decision it likely regrets after suffering one of the largest payment-card and personal-data breaches on record.
Europe on Thursday approved a new cybersecurity law, but held back from requiring Internet giants such as Google, Amazon, Ebay and Skype, to report security incidents.
Encryption technologies can be a powerful tool against government surveillance, but the most effective techniques are still largely out of reach to the average Internet user, Edward Snowden said Monday.
Recently released security updates for the popular Joomla content management system (CMS) address a SQL injection vulnerability that poses a high risk and can be exploited to extract information from the databases of Joomla-based sites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
- Google lets third parties extend its productivity software on Android
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT