China's foreign minster on Saturday called on nations to cooperate on Internet security, rather than wage cyberwarfare, as he denied accusations in a recent report that the country's military was behind hacking attacks.
Professional social networking service LinkedIn won the dismissal of a lawsuit seeking damages on behalf of premium users who had their log-in passwords exposed as a result of a security breach of the company's servers last year.
Evernote is speeding up its plans to offer two-factor authentication to users following a recent data breach that exposed user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords.
Dylan Wheeler, a computer security and gaming enthusiast who lives near Perth in Western Australia, could very well be in a lot of trouble.
Zendesk said Thursday a hacker gained access to support information for some customers of its online help desk software.
The administrators of a popular iOS developer Web forum called iPhoneDevSDK confirmed Wednesday that it had been compromised by hackers who used it to launch attacks against its users. Security experts believe the site served as a gateway for the rec...
China's Ministry of National Defense on Wednesday refuted the accusations that the nation's military supports cyberespionage, and said a recent security report backing the claims used scientifically flawed evidence.
Twitter is urging its account holders to be smarter with their passwords following two recent attacks by hackers directed at Burger King and Jeep that took control of those accounts.
Adobe Systems said it will release patches for two critical vulnerabilities disclosed last week that are actively being used by attackers.
Facebook said Friday it had been the target of a sophisticated hacking attack but that it had no evidence any user data had been compromised.
Privacy and digital rights groups are overstating the privacy concerns in a controversial cyberthreat information bill introduced this week in the U.S. Congress, the bill's sponsors and leaders of some business groups said.
Europe's top cyber security agency warned on Thursday that the growth in cloud computing is a “double-edged sword”.
Two security vendors have detected an uptick in targeted malicious software attacks against the Uyghur community, an ethnic group in western China that has long campaigned for greater independence from Beijing.
Malicious attackers gained entry to internal U.S. Federal Reserve System computers, illegally copying a database of banking executive contact information, the banking system has confirmed.
Japan's foreign ministry said that a computer was compromised and documents were probably copied to an external server.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FT.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMENSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT