The U.S. Department of Energy said Monday that personal information about several hundred employees and contractors was stolen in a mid-January hack, but that no classified information was compromised.
A 22-year-old Dutch man who sold credit card details online was sentenced on Friday to 12 years in a US prison in a fraud prosecutors alleged caused more than US$63 million in damages, according to the Department of Justice.
The Wall Street Journal said Thursday it had been targeted by hackers trying to monitor the newspaper's coverage of China, less than a day after a similar revelation from its competitor The New York Times.
Hackers from China breached the computer network of The New York Times and stole passwords that allowed them to gain access to computers and email accounts for a period of four months, the newspaper reported late Wednesday.
Google thinks it might have found an answer to the vexing problem of forgotten or weak passwords: "physical" passwords, which might come in the form of a piece of jewelry such as a ring.
European Commission proposals for a strategy on cybercrime have come under fire before they have even been released.
Unidentified attackers stole sensitive information from hundreds of diplomatic, government, research and military organizations from around the world as part of a newly uncovered cyberespionage campaign that started nearly six years ago. The operatio...
Japan's space agency said Friday that sensitive information on a new long-range rocket project may have been stolen by a computer virus.
A group of hackers leaked email contact information of experts working with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) after breaking into one of the agency's servers.
Romanian law enforcement authorities have dismantled a criminal group that stole credit card data from foreign companies as part of an operation that resulted in fraudulent transactions totaling US$25 million.
South Carolina's governor faulted an outdated Internal Revenue Service standard as a contributing factor to a massive data breach that exposed Social Security numbers of 3.8 million taxpayers plus credit card and bank account data.
Adobe has shut down Connectusers.com, a community forum site for users of its Adobe Connect Web conferencing platform, because the site's user database was compromised.
Adobe said Wednesday it is investigating the release of 230 names, email addresses and encrypted passwords claimed to have been stolen from a company database.
The recent cyberattack that infected Israeli police computers with malware was likely part of a year-long cyberespionage operation with targets in Israel and the Palestinian territories, according to security researchers from antivirus vendor Norman.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - EDRMS ProjectQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC