The U.S. Department of State expects its main unclassified email system to be back in operation later Monday after security upgrades, but wider Internet access could take longer to get back online.
The U.S. Department of State will shut down its unclassified email system for a short time to clean up malware that may have resided there since late last year.
British law enforcement agencies arrested a 23-year-old man suspected of being involved in a hacking attack last year against a satellite communications system operated by the U.S. Department of Defense.
Luxury hotelier Mandarin Oriental has removed malicious software that was used to steal credit card data from some of its hotels in the U.S. and Europe, the company said Thursday.
The names and license plate numbers of about 50,000 Uber drivers were compromised in a security breach last year, the company revealed Friday.
The Anthem data breach may have exposed 78.8 million records, according to a more finely tuned estimate by the health insurance company, but Anthem is still investigating exactly how many records hackers extracted from a database.
An Arabic cyberespionage group has attacked thousands of high-profile targets in Egypt, Israel, Jordan and other countries for the past two years, cybersecurity vendor Kaspersky Lab said.
Hackers involved in the data breach at US health insurer, Anthem, may have ties to the Chinese government, according to a news report.
Health insurer gets hacked ... Twitter's Costolo says the trolls are out ... Silk Road mastermind is guilty ... and more news
The U.S. National Security Agency and its intelligence partners are reportedly sifting through data stolen by state-sponsored and freelance hackers on a regular basis in search of valuable information.
Anthem, one of the largest U.S. health insurers, said Wednesday one of its IT systems was breached, resulting in the loss of customer and employee information including income data.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) might have a second security breach on its hands, or maybe the hackers from November's scandalous attack are still inside the company systems, according to a security firm that claims to have seen evidence of Russian...
U.S. lawmakers should put strict privacy controls into planned legislation to encourage companies to share cyberthreat information with government agencies and each other, some advocates said.
When operating outside of the law, you can't exactly rely on the police to protect your illegal enterprise from other criminals.
A drive in the U.S. Congress to pass a law requiring companies with data breaches to notify affected customers may get bogged down in old arguments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC