Encrypting data traffic is mandatory for safeguarding information. But when attackers use encryption to mask their activity, it can be hard for enterprises to figure out what they're stealing.
The number of personal records compromised by data breaches in California surged to 18.5 million in 2013, up more than six times from the year before, according to a report published on Tuesday by the state's Attorney General.
Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are riddled with vulnerabilities that can put the security of sensitive data and networks at risk, a researcher has found. To prove his point, he has created a proof-of-concept worm that can infect devices from ...
President Barack Obama issued an executive order on Friday to have secure chip-and-PIN technology embedded into government-issued credit and debit cards as part of a broader move aimed at stemming payment data breaches.
Hackers claim to have stolen a database of almost 7 million Dropbox log-in credentials, but the company says its service was not hacked and that unrelated websites are the data source.
Sears Holding Corp. said Friday the payment systems at its Kmart retail chain had been breached as a result of malware, compromising shoppers' credit and debit card numbers.
Dairy Queen said Thursday the "Backoff" point-of-sale malware infected systems at 395 of its stores, stealing payment card data.
A Russian man accused of hacking point-of-sale systems in the U.S. is facing additional charges following a revised indictment returned by a grand jury on Thursday, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
AT&T fired an employee who improperly accessed about 1,600 customer accounts and could have viewed customers' Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Yahoo said Monday it has fixed a bug that was mistaken for the Shellshock flaw, but no user data was affected.
The news about this summer's cyberattack on JPMorgan Chase continues to get worse: A number of other financial institutions were also hit by the same group, according to the New York Times.
Names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses were compromised in a cyberattack on JPMorgan Chase but no "unusual" fraud has yet been detected.
Workers who may be tempted to sell confidential corporate data should think twice about what they write in an email -- an AI-based monitoring system could be watching.
The "Shellshock" flaw has the potential to pose a risk to the payments industry, but doesn't appear to have caused any problems yet, an official with a consortium run by major credit card companies warned on Tuesday.
A privacy watchdog filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission against a community college district in Arizona that lost the personal data of 2.5 million students and employees in two data breaches.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT