Encrypting data traffic is mandatory for safeguarding information. But when attackers use encryption to mask their activity, it can be hard for enterprises to figure out what they're stealing.
The number of personal records compromised by data breaches in California surged to 18.5 million in 2013, up more than six times from the year before, according to a report published on Tuesday by the state's Attorney General.
Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are riddled with vulnerabilities that can put the security of sensitive data and networks at risk, a researcher has found. To prove his point, he has created a proof-of-concept worm that can infect devices from ...
President Barack Obama issued an executive order on Friday to have secure chip-and-PIN technology embedded into government-issued credit and debit cards as part of a broader move aimed at stemming payment data breaches.
Hackers claim to have stolen a database of almost 7 million Dropbox log-in credentials, but the company says its service was not hacked and that unrelated websites are the data source.
Sears Holding Corp. said Friday the payment systems at its Kmart retail chain had been breached as a result of malware, compromising shoppers' credit and debit card numbers.
Dairy Queen said Thursday the "Backoff" point-of-sale malware infected systems at 395 of its stores, stealing payment card data.
A Russian man accused of hacking point-of-sale systems in the U.S. is facing additional charges following a revised indictment returned by a grand jury on Thursday, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
AT&T fired an employee who improperly accessed about 1,600 customer accounts and could have viewed customers' Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Yahoo said Monday it has fixed a bug that was mistaken for the Shellshock flaw, but no user data was affected.
The news about this summer's cyberattack on JPMorgan Chase continues to get worse: A number of other financial institutions were also hit by the same group, according to the New York Times.
Names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses were compromised in a cyberattack on JPMorgan Chase but no "unusual" fraud has yet been detected.
Workers who may be tempted to sell confidential corporate data should think twice about what they write in an email -- an AI-based monitoring system could be watching.
The "Shellshock" flaw has the potential to pose a risk to the payments industry, but doesn't appear to have caused any problems yet, an official with a consortium run by major credit card companies warned on Tuesday.
A privacy watchdog filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission against a community college district in Arizona that lost the personal data of 2.5 million students and employees in two data breaches.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Forget the robocalypse -- 'Homo connecticus' may be what's coming
- Armies of hacked IoT devices launch unprecedented DDoS attacks
- Illusive Networks seeks to slow Swift attackers through deception
- Microsoft continues pushing hybrid cloud with new launches
- These new features in Office 365 can help users work smarter
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW