Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
Data Center in pictures
Every time Intel announces new Xeon chips, server makers waste no time in announcing new products.
Known for its ThinkPad laptops, Lenovo is trying to find its way into the data center, despite the dominance of the Big 3: IBM, HP and Dell
A month after its release, iOS 7 is running on almost three-quarters of active iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. But its adoption is still somewhat slower than that of iOS 6.
Microsoft and its latest purchase target, Nokia, have lined up big announcements on September 23 and October 22, both likely to involve some form of tablets.
This week the iOSphere faced the unthinkable: an iPad mini 2 that has the same resolution as the iPad mini 1. Where is innovation when you need it?
Shaw reviews Toshiba's Excite 10 SE tablet and HP's EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook.
As more organisations leverage the Cloud for critical business applications, they are discovering one of the greatest challenges is combining existing internal controls with cloud protection efforts.
The Microsoft Surface running Windows RT is just about everything you'd want in a tablet, but how does it stack up against the market leader, the Apple iPad?
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
We got our hands on the two hottest products in the tablet computing market -- the Motorola Xoom and the iPad 2 and put them to the test. This was a 15-round heavyweight fight and in the end, the Xoom stood toe to toe with the reigning champ, iPad 2.
Whitepapers about Data Center
The market for integrated systems is a key growth area for data centre hardware infrastructure. This report sizes the market and profiles early leaders in this important and emerging area. • The integrated systems market is growing, with revenue increasing 53.7% year on year. • Large enterprises are currently the key customers, while the small business segment is underserved. • There is significant opportunity for overall segment growth
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW