Shaw reviews Toshiba's Excite 10 SE tablet and HP's EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook.
As more organisations leverage the Cloud for critical business applications, they are discovering one of the greatest challenges is combining existing internal controls with cloud protection efforts.
The Microsoft Surface running Windows RT is just about everything you'd want in a tablet, but how does it stack up against the market leader, the Apple iPad?
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
We got our hands on the two hottest products in the tablet computing market -- the Motorola Xoom and the iPad 2 and put them to the test. This was a 15-round heavyweight fight and in the end, the Xoom stood toe to toe with the reigning champ, iPad 2.
Rackspace will help enterprises build private clouds using the OpenStack cloud operating system, the company announced Tuesday. Meanwhile, Dell is seeking enterprises and service providers for proof-of-concept OpenStack trials with its Dell PowerEdge...
Tablet application developers can rejoice now that Google has released its software development kit for Android 3.0, the new edition of the platform designed specifically for tablets.
Virtualizing x86 infrastructure isn't just a one-step process -- as servers change, the whole data center must change as well. While server hypervisors such as VMware's ESX, Microsoft's Hyper-V and Xen can make IT more efficient and cost-effective, m...
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mi...
IBM's new mainframe is on display at this week's SHARE conference in Boston, a testament to the relevancy of the big iron in today's enterprise IT environments. Amid the excitement over IBM's mainframe makeover, however, IT pros are concerned about t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCProject ControllerQLD
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD