Every time Intel announces new Xeon chips, server makers waste no time in announcing new products.
Known for its ThinkPad laptops, Lenovo is trying to find its way into the data center, despite the dominance of the Big 3: IBM, HP and Dell
A month after its release, iOS 7 is running on almost three-quarters of active iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. But its adoption is still somewhat slower than that of iOS 6.
Microsoft and its latest purchase target, Nokia, have lined up big announcements on September 23 and October 22, both likely to involve some form of tablets.
This week the iOSphere faced the unthinkable: an iPad mini 2 that has the same resolution as the iPad mini 1. Where is innovation when you need it?
In an unusual public relations move by market-leading cloud provider Amazon Web Services, the company is shooting back at media reports that play down the significance of the company receiving government approval for the federal departments to use it...
A previously misunderstood magnetic phenomenon has been apparently explained by a paper published on Sunday in Nature Materials – and the explanation could lead to wholesale transformation in magnetic storage.
As last week's Apple WWDC faded in the rear view mirror, the iOSphere hungered for more. And the hunger gave birth to hope, and hope to more rumors, including the one that predicts iPad 5 will be announced this week to foil and foul Samsung's schedul...
IT departments are quickly becoming consultancies in companies increasingly driven by consumer technology, and the control they once had over tech use is quickly dissipating.
Hilarity is rare in the iOSphere, rumors being serious business. But this week a post at a Korean tech website, describing a 12.9-inch iPad maxi in the works, triggered hilarity at 9to5Mac for reasons that are unclear.
Public cloud and managed hosting provider Rackspace has rolled technology from Vyatta into its services, allowing customers to set granulated network segmentation policies that dictate which users and what type of traffic have access to which hosted ...
As competition in the Cloud computing market intensifies, some of the biggest players are looking beyond their domestic borders to gain an international advantage.
A business-friendly version of Microsoft's Surface Pro laptop/tablet is being introduced in Japan sporting 256GB of memory, double that of the previous top-of-line model.
Many times in discussions about Cloud computing, the hybrid Cloud – meaning a service that combines both off-site public Cloud and on-premises private Cloud computing resources – is thought of as being some nirvana state that will be the dominant arc...
Windows 8 is Microsoft's best effort to catch up with Apple and grab tablet sales away from the iPad by including things iPads just don't have, according to Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW