JPMorgan Chase is blaming "technical issues" for an outage to its online banking site that may well be one of the longest outages by a major provider in recent memory.
In another sign that DNS operations are migrating into the cloud, industry leader Neustar will announce on Tuesday a new managed service that allows companies to outsource all of their internal DNS and related network address management functions tha...
The Trusted Computing Group Monday announced a working group aimed at publishing an open standards framework for cloud computing security that could serve as a blueprint for service providers, their customers and vendors building security products.
Government needs to better understand the realities of running profitable businesses -- and quickly -- as it imposes security regulations that can affect the profitability of corporations battling in a competitive environment.
Cisco CEO John Chambers received compensation valued at $18.9 million in fiscal 2010, according to documents filed Friday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. His total package is up 33% from 2009, when he received compensation valued at...
HP says its planned $1.5 billion buyout of ArcSight announced Monday is intended to propel HP into the heart of enterprise security -- a move that both surprised and impressed industry watchers.
Microsoft has been forced to issue service credits to customers affected by recent problems accessing hosted Exchange and SharePoint services, and is promising to improve its system for notifying customers about cloud computing outages.
While the latest version of the Android operating system runs on Samsung's Galaxy Tab, it isn't configured to run on tablets in general, according to Google's director of mobile products.
According to a recent report from Forrester Research, IT spending in the United States is expected to ramp up in the second half of the year with an estimated 19 per cent increase in computer equipment spending, 11 per cent growth in software spendin...
The VMware ESX hypervisor could let IT staff steal sensitive data by abusing administrative access, particularly if customers fail to implement role-based access controls, the security vendor BeyondTrust argued last week at VMworld.
VMware won't be the first vendor to bring virtual desktops to the Apple iPad, having been beaten to the punch by rival Citrix.
Oracle's stock price has climbed about 5.5 per cent so far Tuesday on news that ousted HP CEO Mark Hurd is joining the company.
For more than 20 years we have been using Layer 3 connectivity powered by dynamic routing protocols to route traffic between data centers, but adoption of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/topics/virtualization.html">virtualization</a> and geo-clu...
VMware customers attending VMworld are taking a look at Microsoft's Hyper-V virtualization software, but say the Microsoft technology falls a bit short and that it would be problematic to start over after investing heavily in VMware.
Check Point's Security Gateway software is now available in a virtual edition that is compatible with VMware virtual environments.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- This Wi-Fi alternative rides on LTE rails
- Baidu names former Microsoft Office head Qi Lu as its COO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC