VMware's VMworld has quickly become one of the most important business technology conferences of the year. Held at San Francisco's Moscone Center Monday through Thursday of this week, the conference had its share of highlights and interesting facts. ...
When you ask IT professionals if they use cloud computing or software-as-a-service, most start by saying "no". But if you ask some follow up questions, you will quickly find out about "that one application" that is a SaaS application.
Trend Micro is blazing a new trail with a service called SecureCloud intended to give enterprises a way to encrypt data in cloud-computing environments.
VMware is developing a new hosted service with the code name "Project Horizon" that will allow delivery of cloud-based desktop applications to any sort of user device, and perhaps further its goal of diminishing the importance of Microsoft's Windows ...
Bluesocket is offering its rebuilt enterprise Wi-Fi controller software on virtual machine platforms, the first one being VMware. The company will port the code for other hypervisor platforms in the future.
Microsoft is still refusing to showcase Hyper-V at VMworld in protest of VMware rules that Microsoft believes are designed to limit competition, but that doesn't mean the Microsoft hype machine will abstain from anti-VMware marketing.
The HP/Dell bidding war over storage vendor 3Par is shaping up to be a repeat of last year's high-profile battle between EMC and NetApp.
Data storage vendor NetApp reported today on its revenue for the first quarter of 2011, stating total product sales grew 51% when compared with the same quarter last year; and overall revenue was up 36 per cent.
The Dell Streak tablet, which goes on sale Friday in the United States, is a sturdy device just daring you to drop it. But if you do need to take it apart and fix it, that's not a problem, according to iFixit, which this week tore the device open for...
Most IT professionals share one thing with the Apple manager accused of accepting millions in bribes and kickbacks, a firm that develops secure file transfer software said today.
With the acquisition of 3Par, Dell is positioning itself against top data center storage providers, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi and even Dell-partner EMC.
Micron Technology Inc. today said it is shipping what it calls the fastest enterprise-class solid-state drive (SSD) on the market.
Riverbed has products on tap that will enable <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/060310-wan-optimization.html?t51hb">WAN optimization</a> as a <a href="https://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/062410-survey-it-wants-public-and.html">cloud s...
Mark Hurd's <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/080610-hps-mark-hurd-resigns-amid.html">surprise resignation</a> as HP's CEO Friday following disclosure of a sexual harassment charge against him makes Hurd just the latest in a long line of...
With the push for larger mailbox sizes by users and increasing compliance requirements by legal departments, e-mail archiving is no longer optional for most organisations. But thanks to new technologies available in Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2010 SP...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW