VMware's VMworld has quickly become one of the most important business technology conferences of the year. Held at San Francisco's Moscone Center Monday through Thursday of this week, the conference had its share of highlights and interesting facts. ...
When you ask IT professionals if they use cloud computing or software-as-a-service, most start by saying "no". But if you ask some follow up questions, you will quickly find out about "that one application" that is a SaaS application.
Trend Micro is blazing a new trail with a service called SecureCloud intended to give enterprises a way to encrypt data in cloud-computing environments.
VMware is developing a new hosted service with the code name "Project Horizon" that will allow delivery of cloud-based desktop applications to any sort of user device, and perhaps further its goal of diminishing the importance of Microsoft's Windows ...
Bluesocket is offering its rebuilt enterprise Wi-Fi controller software on virtual machine platforms, the first one being VMware. The company will port the code for other hypervisor platforms in the future.
Microsoft is still refusing to showcase Hyper-V at VMworld in protest of VMware rules that Microsoft believes are designed to limit competition, but that doesn't mean the Microsoft hype machine will abstain from anti-VMware marketing.
The HP/Dell bidding war over storage vendor 3Par is shaping up to be a repeat of last year's high-profile battle between EMC and NetApp.
Data storage vendor NetApp reported today on its revenue for the first quarter of 2011, stating total product sales grew 51% when compared with the same quarter last year; and overall revenue was up 36 per cent.
The Dell Streak tablet, which goes on sale Friday in the United States, is a sturdy device just daring you to drop it. But if you do need to take it apart and fix it, that's not a problem, according to iFixit, which this week tore the device open for...
Most IT professionals share one thing with the Apple manager accused of accepting millions in bribes and kickbacks, a firm that develops secure file transfer software said today.
With the acquisition of 3Par, Dell is positioning itself against top data center storage providers, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi and even Dell-partner EMC.
Micron Technology Inc. today said it is shipping what it calls the fastest enterprise-class solid-state drive (SSD) on the market.
Riverbed has products on tap that will enable <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/060310-wan-optimization.html?t51hb">WAN optimization</a> as a <a href="https://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/062410-survey-it-wants-public-and.html">cloud s...
Mark Hurd's <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/080610-hps-mark-hurd-resigns-amid.html">surprise resignation</a> as HP's CEO Friday following disclosure of a sexual harassment charge against him makes Hurd just the latest in a long line of...
With the push for larger mailbox sizes by users and increasing compliance requirements by legal departments, e-mail archiving is no longer optional for most organisations. But thanks to new technologies available in Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2010 SP...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTData AnalystACT
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW