Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
Data Centre in pictures
Cisco this week rolled out a range of data center product enhancements and extensions, including new Unified Computing System (UCS) blade servers; Nexus 2000 fabric extenders; MDS 9000 series SAN switches; and an appliance that incorporates its Nexus 1000 virtual switch.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) could be more of a mainstream security problem than previously thought after a survey of high-level security professionals found that an alarming one in five worked for a firm that had experienced such an attack.
A highly-touted Anglo-US startup has emerged from stealth mode this month with a new type of database design it believes can transform the way this class of software is used by many large companies.
Virtual infrastructure management firm <a href="http://www.veeam.com/">Veeam Software</a> has added Backup & Replication support for Microsoft Hyper-V, in an important move in the virtualisation market.
Today's web application firewalls are not up to the challenge of securing cloud systems according to security company Qualys which has set out its alternative vision based on building a new generation using open source development.
While solid state drives offer increased performance, the key to figuring out the role they can play in the data center is balancing that performance against cost.
You've heard about data centers in shipping containers. But how about a data center in a tent? And in rainy Seattle?
Whitepapers about Data Centre
The market for integrated systems is a key growth area for data centre hardware infrastructure. This report sizes the market and profiles early leaders in this important and emerging area. • The integrated systems market is growing, with revenue increasing 53.7% year on year. • Large enterprises are currently the key customers, while the small business segment is underserved. • There is significant opportunity for overall segment growth
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW