Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
Data Centre in pictures
Cisco this week rolled out a range of data center product enhancements and extensions, including new Unified Computing System (UCS) blade servers; Nexus 2000 fabric extenders; MDS 9000 series SAN switches; and an appliance that incorporates its Nexus 1000 virtual switch.
Is Australia becoming less prepared to develop and make use of global Cloud services?
“Business leaders understand the need to invest in their security infrastructure, but that isn’t translating..."
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) could be more of a mainstream security problem than previously thought after a survey of high-level security professionals found that an alarming one in five worked for a firm that had experienced such an attack.
A highly-touted Anglo-US startup has emerged from stealth mode this month with a new type of database design it believes can transform the way this class of software is used by many large companies.
Sustainability is a significant consideration for your business. Environmental responsibility is an essential part of meeting your corporate social objectives and developing a positive brand perception. A recent BSR study found that 72 per cent of bu...
While solid state drives offer increased performance, the key to figuring out the role they can play in the data center is balancing that performance against cost.
You've heard about data centers in shipping containers. But how about a data center in a tent? And in rainy Seattle?
Whitepapers about Data Centre
The market for integrated systems is a key growth area for data centre hardware infrastructure. This report sizes the market and profiles early leaders in this important and emerging area. • The integrated systems market is growing, with revenue increasing 53.7% year on year. • Large enterprises are currently the key customers, while the small business segment is underserved. • There is significant opportunity for overall segment growth
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
- Failure to patch known ImageMagick flaw for months costs Facebook $40k
- US alleges systemic employment discrimination at Oracle
- Modern warfare: Death-dealing drones and ... illegal parking?
- Snowden allowed to stay in Russia longer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD