Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
Data Centre in pictures
Cisco this week rolled out a range of data center product enhancements and extensions, including new Unified Computing System (UCS) blade servers; Nexus 2000 fabric extenders; MDS 9000 series SAN switches; and an appliance that incorporates its Nexus 1000 virtual switch.
Is Australia becoming less prepared to develop and make use of global Cloud services?
“Business leaders understand the need to invest in their security infrastructure, but that isn’t translating..."
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) could be more of a mainstream security problem than previously thought after a survey of high-level security professionals found that an alarming one in five worked for a firm that had experienced such an attack.
A highly-touted Anglo-US startup has emerged from stealth mode this month with a new type of database design it believes can transform the way this class of software is used by many large companies.
Sustainability is a significant consideration for your business. Environmental responsibility is an essential part of meeting your corporate social objectives and developing a positive brand perception. A recent BSR study found that 72 per cent of bu...
While solid state drives offer increased performance, the key to figuring out the role they can play in the data center is balancing that performance against cost.
You've heard about data centers in shipping containers. But how about a data center in a tent? And in rainy Seattle?
Whitepapers about Data Centre
The market for integrated systems is a key growth area for data centre hardware infrastructure. This report sizes the market and profiles early leaders in this important and emerging area. • The integrated systems market is growing, with revenue increasing 53.7% year on year. • Large enterprises are currently the key customers, while the small business segment is underserved. • There is significant opportunity for overall segment growth
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW