Is Australia becoming less prepared to develop and make use of global Cloud services?
“Business leaders understand the need to invest in their security infrastructure, but that isn’t translating..."
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) could be more of a mainstream security problem than previously thought after a survey of high-level security professionals found that an alarming one in five worked for a firm that had experienced such an attack.
A highly-touted Anglo-US startup has emerged from stealth mode this month with a new type of database design it believes can transform the way this class of software is used by many large companies.
Virtual infrastructure management firm <a href="http://www.veeam.com/">Veeam Software</a> has added Backup & Replication support for Microsoft Hyper-V, in an important move in the virtualisation market.
Today's web application firewalls are not up to the challenge of securing cloud systems according to security company Qualys which has set out its alternative vision based on building a new generation using open source development.
The US government is setting out to address concerns about security in the cloud. The US National Institute of Standards and Technology has issued a draft document looking at issues such as privacy and security within cloud environments.
Storage management company NetApp has bought data centre analytics specialist Akorri in an attempt to improve customers' ability to identify capacity bottlenecks and plan for capacity.
The National Security Agency is building one of the largest and most expensive data centers as a place to gather and analyze intelligence data.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has announced two new pricing plans for its cloud service and has reduced the prices for its existing offerings.
Samsung on Tuesday released its first solid state drive (SSD) built with consumer-class NAND flash but targeted for use in enterprise-class storage systems.
A new report has added further to the debate as to whether cloud computing is a greener approach to running data centres. A survey by Pike Research has indicated that the energy savings of cloud computing are "substantial".
While service provider customers have had to choose between traditional managed hosting and cloud services, Rackspace is set to introduce a product that combines both.
Samsung today announced a new 8GB dual inline memory module (DIMM) that stacks memory chips on top of each other, which increases the density of the memory by 50 per cent compared to conventional DIMM technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW