Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
Dell is launching a new series of products to cater for the drive towards virtualisation. In common with companies like HP and Cisco, Dell is looking to develop an all-encompassing architecture within the data centre, supporting servers, storage, net...
Dell has launched a new server designed specifically for Web 2.0 applications and aimed at hosting companies. The company said DCS Viking offered extensive savings on power and cooling costs to tap into the growing need to be more energy efficient.
Organisations looking to render high-resolation graphics are to be offered a new cloud-based service. Hosting provider Peer 1 said that its new hosted graphics processor unit (GPU) in the cloud would offer considerable savings to organisations intere...
IT spending has shown some hefty recovery after the economic travails of previous years. According to research from IDC, global sales of software and hardware have recovered from the low point of the recession and, consequently, the analysis company ...
Computer vendors are keen to build on the growing pressures growing on organisations to keep their data centre costs low. HP has launched a new modular approach to designing data centres that it claimed
Most businesses now use some element of cloud computing according to new research from Mimecast. However, security concerns remain a barrier to adoption, however 57 percent of cloud users say that moving to the technology has actually improved securi...
IBM is to further bulk out its profitable software division with the acquisition of privately-held patching company, BigFix.
Citrix is unveiling its bare-metal desktop hypervisor, known as XenClient, with a test version being released for download this week and general availability expected within a few months.
Oracle has started up work again on a large data centre in the Salt Lake City, Utah, area, after suspending the project without public explanation last year.
A lot of Cobol-based applications have a plot line similar to the first Star Trek movie.
Cisco this week rolled out a range of data center product enhancements and extensions, including new Unified Computing System (UCS) blade servers; Nexus 2000 fabric extenders; MDS 9000 series SAN switches; and an appliance that incorporates its Nexus...
One of the world's largest data centers has opened for business in the U.K., protected by bomb-proof glass and powered by enough electricity to run a small city.
When Australian firm WesTrac needed to expand its data center capacity quickly, the company bought the equivalent of a Band-Aid for its server needs: A containerized data center.
As a new decade opens, more and more data centre operators find themselves struggling with an enterprise bottleneck not of their own making.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC