The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is wrapping up work on an Energy Star program for data centers that it hopes to launch in June, EPA officials said this week.
Facebook's data centers already need 100-Gigabit Ethernet and ideally could use 1-Terabit Ethernet, according to a senior network engineer at the company.
2010 promises to be an interesting year in the enterprise LAN switching market.
Microsoft and data storage company NetApp, have announced a three-year agreement that cements what had already been years of product collaboration and technical integration. The deal also extends worldwide joint sales and marketing efforts.
Extreme Networks this week unveiled a blueprint for migrating data centers from the physical world to virtualization, and then ultimately to cloud computing.
Flash-based storage will quickly become one of the most important technologies in the data center, according to Gartner.
Arista Networks has unveiled a Gigabit Ethernet data center switch designed to better accommodate increasing traffic loads between the server access and core layers of the network.
Cisco, EMC and VMware last week unveiled the much rumored joint venture to sell their products to companies wanting to build internal clouds. Called Acadia (for who knows what reason), the joint venture is a collaboration between the three companies ...
Amazon's cloud computing service should not be used for applications that require advanced security and availability, the Burton Group analyst firm says in a report accusing Amazon of secrecy regarding its cloud data centers.
Fujitsu has unveiled a 10Gbps Ethernet switch designed to handle important applications in an energy-efficient way.
A certain truth about the big IT vendors is they want to sell as much as possible to any one customer and now, with virtualization, cloud computing and very tight IT budgets, they believe they have an opening.
Juniper Networks' wide-ranging announcements last week, billed as the most significant since its founding in 1996, included a sweeping array of software, silicon, systems and partnerships designed to take the company and its customers into the next d...
Businesses are failing to address the problem of assessing the costs of running the data centre making it near impossible to assess costing according to a senior analyst.
Intel is maintaining a four-year refresh cycle for servers in data centers as it looks to save close to US$250 million in data center costs over an eight-year period, a company executive said on Tuesday.
Brocade has reportedly put itself up for sale, a development that portends significant consolidation within the data center IT industry.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SoftBank gives more detail about $50B US investment
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCDeveloper - Tag managementNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW