Closing a gap with other enterprise cloud providers, Google has created a service to facilitate communications across applications that customers build on the company's cloud platform.
Teradata has bought the assets of Revelytix and Hadapt in a bid to grow out its capabilities for the Hadoop big-data processing framework.
If it weren't enough of a challenge for IT architects and system managers to glue enterprise systems together, they must also now worry about connecting their systems to mobile and Web applications as well.
Oracle has released a framework that allows multiple copies of the MySQL database to work in tandem, making it easier for organizations to easily run live backup databases and scale MySQL across multiple servers.
Red Hat is looking to advance the Docker Linux container application for wider enterprise use.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- CCSuperannuation Fund AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC