Data-integration giant Informatica has made itself a private company in a $US5.3 billion deal that includes investments from Microsoft and Salesforce.com.
While the buzz around big data analysis is at a peak, there is less discussion about how to get the necessary data into the systems in the first place, which can involve the cumbersome task of setting up and maintaining a number of data processing pi...
It's no secret that security has been a tripping point for enterprises considering cloud storage, but OwnCloud on Tuesday took a fresh step toward alleviating such concerns with the addition of a new encryption framework.
Continuing its efforts to woo enterprise users in heavily regulated industries, Box on Monday announced a new add-on tool for its cloud storage service that's designed for managing sensitive data.
Hard on the heels of the release of a newly updated version of SAP Hana, a security researcher has warned of a potentially serious vulnerability in the in-memory platform.
Oracle's string of high-profile cloud-computing partnership announcements with Microsoft, Salesforce.com and NetSuite dominated tech news headlines this week.
Whitepapers about Data management
This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements. Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services (Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC