While the buzz around big data analysis is at a peak, there is less discussion about how to get the necessary data into the systems in the first place, which can involve the cumbersome task of setting up and maintaining a number of data processing pi...
There's no shortage of software vendors paying lip service to data science in this analytics-infused era, but Workday is putting its money where its mouth is.
Nvidia hopes to bring artificial intelligence to a wider range of applications with an update to its Digits software for designing neural networks.
It's coming up on four years since ex-Sun CEO Scott McNealy launched Wayin, but the startup today bears little resemblance to its original self.
IT management software and services provider Blazent is putting the much-ballyhooed big data analysis to work on behalf of its enterprise customers.
Furthering its push to deliver user-friendly analytics across the enterprise, Salesforce on Thursday unveiled a new series of apps that are each tailored for a specific business context and role.
SAS wants to supercharge your business analysis, through new software that automatically builds multiple models of data and picks those that best predict future events.
In the future, smart home appliances could work in harmony to make money, or to provide more computing capacity, for their owners.
Aiming to better equip enterprises for big data and the Internet of Things, SAP on Tuesday rolled out a host of new features in its Hana platform and predictive-analytics portfolio.
IBM is putting considerable resources behind Apache Software Foundation's Spark to ready the platform for machine learning duties such as pattern recognition and object classification.
One of the most popular big data processing platforms, Spark, now supports one of the premier statistical programming languages, R, which could pave the way for easier big data statistical analysis.
Give a marketer a sale, and you'll keep his company afloat for a day; teach him to predict future sales, and you may just ensure his longevity.
SAP has made no secret of its desire to be front and center in the trend toward easy-to-use analytics tools, and on Tuesday the company offered a glimpse at several upcoming capabilities for different types of enterprise users.
IT departments have long relied on log data to help keep systems up and running, but they're not the only ones who can benefit from these vast stores of information. A new analytics language from Logentries could help managers tap log data to gain in...
Extending the reach of its analysis software and services, IBM plans to release 20 analytics packages customized to the needs of specific industries.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tech groups call on presidential candidates to support encryption, embrace other IT issues
- Cisco patch stops attackers from taking over TelePresence systems
- Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
- Box launches a product just for government users
- Apple patches vulnerable OS X Git version that put developers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia