It's OK to be paranoid about every last detail when it comes to security.
data protection in pictures
Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
The U.S. Senate could take a preliminary vote as soon as Wednesday on a controversial bill intended to encourage businesses to share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies, despite concerns that the legislation would all...
Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digi...
Once upon a time, a phone was just a phone: It simply made and received calls. The only security you worried about was if someone had picked up in the other room to listen in.
Despite the convenience, free public Wi-Fi networks like those found in hotels, Starbucks, and McDonald's are also a serious risk when it comes to your data and personal information.
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
The sale of location information from mobile operators to service providers could result in privacy issues, and needs to be investigated, two Swedish regulators said on Tuesday.
Whether they're in branch offices or home offices, workers are increasingly telecommuting instead of working in a traditional centralized office environment.
Whitepapers about data protection
If you're like most businesses, data loss is not an option. That's why you need a protection strategy for your VNX that includes backup. This whitepaper details the best options out there for enhanced data protection. For backup to be protection of the last resort, it must reside on reliable and cost- effective protection storage. With the industry's most efficient deduplication, you can store months of backups on disk and quickly recover the data you need when you need it. Built-in data integrity protection includes end-to-end data verification, fault-detection and self-healing, and ensures recovery every time.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW