Microsoft has partnered with a San Francisco-based company to encode information on synthetic DNA to test its potential as a new medium for data storage.
Samsung today announced what it is calling the first multi-terabyte consumer solid-state drive (SSD), which will offer 2TB of capacity in a 2.5-in. form factor for laptops and desktops.
Samsung is mass producing the industry's first 128GB embedded flash memory based on the Universal Flash Storage (UFS) 2.0 standard.
Seagate announced that it has sold more than 1 million drives using a new recording technology that will offer consumers 5TB hard drives next year and possibly 20TB drives by 2020.
With the new Remote Wipe feature, both business and individual users can remove all of their synced files from a PC or Mac in the event of a loss or theft.
Whitepapers about Data storage
Read how VMware found infrastructure that could handle hundreds of thousands of low-latency IOPS to service over 2500 concurrent active virtual machines. · The infrastructure solution had to provision and deprovision labs with no impact on active students · Platform resiliency was crucial · With four all-flash arrays, results involved high levels of consistent and predictable IOPS performance under demanding workload conditions
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC