Amazon Web Services has made available to all users its cloud-based data warehouse Redshift, which it pitches as a lower-cost alternative to on-premise deployments.
Java EE (Enterprise Edition) programmers will have to wait a bit longer before they can use JCache, a long-desired standard caching API (application programming interface) for the language, as its development has missed "critical deadlines" and will ...
The Hadoop open source programming framework for large-scale data analysis is already one of the highest-profile technologies in the "big data" market, but users can expect it to become even more prevalent over the next couple of years, according to ...
Responding to a growing user base of online service providers, VoltDB has outfitted its namesake in-memory database management system with additional tools to communicate with other technologies usually found in a Web applications stack.
SAP's flagship Business Suite ERP (enterprise resource planning) software is now able to run on top of the vendor's HANA in-memory database, in a move that stands to open new frontiers of competition with the likes of Oracle, IBM and Microsoft.
Oracle is planning to buy DataRaker in a move that will give it a cloud-based platform for analyzing data from smart meters used by energy utilities. Terms of the deal, which was announced Thursday, weren't disclosed.
As supercomputers grow more powerful, they'll also grow more vulnerable to failure, thanks to the increased amount of built-in componentry. A few researchers at the recent SC12 conference, held last week in Salt Lake City, offered possible solutions ...
The Top500 is no longer the only ranking game in town: make way for the Graph 500, which tracks how well supercomputers handle big-data-styled workloads.
With the commercial release of version 5 of its self-named reporting and analysis suite, Jaspersoft has revamped the software's visualization engine, doing away with an Adobe Flash-based visualization engine in favor of one using HTML5 Web standards.
Facebook has beaten some of the limitations of the Apache Hadoop data processing platform, its engineers assert.
In a move to speed online transaction processing (OLTP), Microsoft is adding in-memory capabilities into its SQL Server relational database management system.
SAP is working on a number of potential next-generation BI (business intelligence) technologies meant to exploit the company's HANA in-memory database, including a new version of the popular Explorer visualization tool, according to an internal docum...
At IBM's Information On Demand and Business Analytics Forum, being held this week in Las Vegas, the company announced a number of new add-ons and services designed to help organizations analyze their expanding data sets more quickly.
SAP executives provided new details about the company's plan to make the HANA in-memory database the focus of a sweeping reinvention of its software architecture during an event in Boston on Tuesday.
SAP could be entering significant new product categories soon, judging from remarks made by co-CEO Jim Hagemann Snabe on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW