Informatica has strengthened its hand in the burgeoning market for Hadoop, the open-source programming framework for large-scale data processing, unveiling a new data parser on Wednesday that can transform piles of unstructured information into a mor...
Sybase is hoping its IQ analytic database can make its mark in the burgeoning "Big Data" market with an array of new features, including native integration with the open-source MapReduce and Hadoop programming frameworks for large-scale data processi...
Yahoo spinoff company Hortonworks has released a preview edition of what will be a fully open source distribution of the Apache Hadoop data analysis platform, called the Hortonworks Data Platform, the company announced Tuesday.
SAP reported Wednesday a 14 percent increase in revenue in the third quarter ended Sept. 30, and said its business pipeline continues to remain very strong and companies continue to invest in IT. The business software vendor did not however revise it...
IBM on Wednesday introduced mainframe and Power-based systems for analytics in an effort to compete with Oracle's Exadata.
High performance computer system vendor SGI plans to offer pre-built clusters running the Apache Hadoop data analysis platform, the company announced Monday.
One thing became clear at Oracle's OpenWorld conference on Monday: The vendor is intent on drilling the benefits of its hardware-plus-software systems into a customer base that largely remains invested only in Oracle's applications, databases and mid...
Oracle unveiled the Big Data Appliance, the newest addition to its line of products that combine software and hardware, during the OpenWorld conference in San Francisco on Monday.
Oracle is apparently adding two more members to its family of systems that combine hardware and software, including one that targets 'Big Data' and another with in-memory computing capabilities.
Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites are often criticized for encouraging people to share thoughts of little consequence, though social scientists are finding these electronic missives, when assembled en masse and analyzed with big data too...
Teradata is adding an appliance option for its Aster analytic database, giving it another potential weapon against rivals such as Oracle's Exadata, EMC's Greenplum and SAP's HANA.
Oracle is hoping to capture the fancy of smaller companies enamored with its Exadata data-processing machine, announcing Wednesday the availability of a new database appliance configured for SMBs' needs and budgets.
The potential of SAP's HANA in-memory computing engine permeated the agenda and had attendees' tongues wagging this week at the Tech Ed conference in Las Vegas, but the technology still has some maturing to do.
The family of specialized applications for SAP's HANA (High-Performance Analytic Appliance) in-memory computing engine is growing, with a new application that allows utilities to crunch information from smart meters, and another that companies can us...
Expanding the field of complex event process software with another offering, Twitter will release as open source its software for analyzing live large-scale data streams, called Storm.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GeForce GTX 1060 added to Nvidia's For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands free game bundle
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- Microsoft OneNote for beginners: Everything you need to know
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Solution Architect, Supply ChainNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- TPAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT