Informatica has strengthened its hand in the burgeoning market for Hadoop, the open-source programming framework for large-scale data processing, unveiling a new data parser on Wednesday that can transform piles of unstructured information into a mor...
Sybase is hoping its IQ analytic database can make its mark in the burgeoning "Big Data" market with an array of new features, including native integration with the open-source MapReduce and Hadoop programming frameworks for large-scale data processi...
Yahoo spinoff company Hortonworks has released a preview edition of what will be a fully open source distribution of the Apache Hadoop data analysis platform, called the Hortonworks Data Platform, the company announced Tuesday.
SAP reported Wednesday a 14 percent increase in revenue in the third quarter ended Sept. 30, and said its business pipeline continues to remain very strong and companies continue to invest in IT. The business software vendor did not however revise it...
IBM on Wednesday introduced mainframe and Power-based systems for analytics in an effort to compete with Oracle's Exadata.
High performance computer system vendor SGI plans to offer pre-built clusters running the Apache Hadoop data analysis platform, the company announced Monday.
One thing became clear at Oracle's OpenWorld conference on Monday: The vendor is intent on drilling the benefits of its hardware-plus-software systems into a customer base that largely remains invested only in Oracle's applications, databases and mid...
Oracle unveiled the Big Data Appliance, the newest addition to its line of products that combine software and hardware, during the OpenWorld conference in San Francisco on Monday.
Oracle is apparently adding two more members to its family of systems that combine hardware and software, including one that targets 'Big Data' and another with in-memory computing capabilities.
Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites are often criticized for encouraging people to share thoughts of little consequence, though social scientists are finding these electronic missives, when assembled en masse and analyzed with big data too...
Teradata is adding an appliance option for its Aster analytic database, giving it another potential weapon against rivals such as Oracle's Exadata, EMC's Greenplum and SAP's HANA.
Oracle is hoping to capture the fancy of smaller companies enamored with its Exadata data-processing machine, announcing Wednesday the availability of a new database appliance configured for SMBs' needs and budgets.
The potential of SAP's HANA in-memory computing engine permeated the agenda and had attendees' tongues wagging this week at the Tech Ed conference in Las Vegas, but the technology still has some maturing to do.
The family of specialized applications for SAP's HANA (High-Performance Analytic Appliance) in-memory computing engine is growing, with a new application that allows utilities to crunch information from smart meters, and another that companies can us...
Expanding the field of complex event process software with another offering, Twitter will release as open source its software for analyzing live large-scale data streams, called Storm.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW