Microsoft has partnered with a San Francisco-based company to encode information on synthetic DNA to test its potential as a new medium for data storage.
“Business leaders understand the need to invest in their security infrastructure, but that isn’t translating..."
See the latest news from Microsoft's first Excel and Power BI user conference
Car drivers may imagine they have greater privacy than public transport users, but that isn't necessarily the case in modern, connected cars, European motoring organizations warn.
Amazon threw its hat into the business intelligence ring Wednesday with a service called QuickSight, provided through its Amazon Web Services division.
World experts in computer science and mathematics spent an afternoon at the Heidelberg Laureate Forum in Germany trying to figure out how the widespread collection of data about consumers can be prevented from causing harm.
Don’t think email security is important? Here are six everyday scenarios where many businesses loosely send sensitive and confidential content and files over unsecure email.
Optus has commercially launched LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide using two 20MHz allotments of its 2300MHz spectrum.
Vodafone and Optus’ mobile networks took a blow on Thursday, June 19, with the telecommunications providers confirming mobile network outages throughout the day, while Telstra experienced ADSL service disruptions.
Vodafone is apologising to customers for nationwide mobile network outages by offering unlimited data usage within Australia from midnight Friday, June 20, to 3:00am on Monday, June 23 (AEST).
Seagate launched the Backup Plus Fast, a portable 4TB drive with improved transfer speeds, and the Backup Plus, the slimmest 2TB portable drive on the market. The event was held at Eastern Creek Raceway to drive the point these new storage drives are...
A look back at the evolution of the way data gets from the Internet into the palm of your hand
Vodafone has extended the reach of its $5 daily international roaming plan, adding six Asian countries to its coverage.
Vodafone will add 34 European countries to its $5 a day option for international roaming from next week, expanding on its original availability in the US, UK and New Zealand.
IBM's Watson supercomputer has gone from game show king to doctor's office helper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell's private buyout shortchanged shareholders, court rules
- Atari's going to build IoT devices that talk over a low-power network
- Marketo gets scooped up into the private world for US$1.79 billion
- Kaby Lake starts strong as Intel retools PC strategy
- OEM software update tools preloaded on PCs are a security mess
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTData & Analytics Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCProject managerACT
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCProject ManagerACT