Redis, an open source in-memory data store maintained by VMware, has been upgraded to be more stabile and make more judicious use of memory, two traits that should make it more appealing for enterprise deployments.
SAP is working on a number of potential next-generation BI (business intelligence) technologies meant to exploit the company's HANA in-memory database, including a new version of the popular Explorer visualization tool, according to an internal docum...
At IBM's Information On Demand and Business Analytics Forum, being held this week in Las Vegas, the company announced a number of new add-ons and services designed to help organizations analyze their expanding data sets more quickly.
SAP executives provided new details about the company's plan to make the HANA in-memory database the focus of a sweeping reinvention of its software architecture during an event in Boston on Tuesday.
The Greenplum division of EMC is building a single data analytics platform that can crunch both structured and unstructured data and give a broad range of users the tools to study an enterprise's information.
Salesforce.com's Heroku division has launched a stand-alone version of its PostgreSQL-based database, giving developers a "battle-tested" way to build applications with the cloud platform of their choosing, the company announced this week.
SAP is expected to make a slew of announcements related to in-memory computing, mobile applications and cloud-based services on Wednesday during the Sapphire conference in Madrid.
Sybase is hoping its IQ analytic database can make its mark in the burgeoning "Big Data" market with an array of new features, including native integration with the open-source MapReduce and Hadoop programming frameworks for large-scale data processi...
You can add MarkLogic to the growing list of database vendors rushing to embrace the open-source Hadoop programming framework for large-scale data processing.
After <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9220501/Oracle_does_about_face_on_NoSQL">announcing the technology</a> at its OpenWorld conference last month, Oracle has launched its much anticipated NoSQL database.
The developers behind Apache Cassandra are confident that their distributed database management system is ready for general enterprise use, and, after three years of development, have released version 1.0 of their open-source software.
High performance computer system vendor SGI plans to offer pre-built clusters running the Apache Hadoop data analysis platform, the company announced Monday.
Google has created a relational database for its cloud-hosted App Engine application development and hosting platform, a much-requested addition, the company said on Thursday.
It can't be easy working for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. Just ask John Fowler, the head of Oracle's systems business, who's spent the past two weeks trying to convince customers that Ellison didn't really mean it when he said Oracle is "phasing out" it...
Oracle's Exadata database machine can deliver the performance improvements the vendor claims, but also demands that IT shops and database administrators undergo a shift in thinking as well as attain new skills, a number of experts said this week at t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW