SAP has relaxed hardware requirements for using its Hana in-memory database platform for development and testing, in a move that could make existing Hana customers' operations easier and less expensive while also generating more Hana sales.
Despite years of hype, some SAP customers remain puzzled over how the vendor's Hana in-memory computing platform can fit into their IT strategies, a newly released survey from the Americas' SAP Users' Group has found.
Managing the keys of all your valuable resources, be they in the real world or the virtual, can be a hassle. Managing all the encryption keys for an entire enterprise is a harder challenge still.
Computer problems with the U.S. State Department's system for issuing passports and visas may have affected up to 200,000 people, it emerged Thursday, as the scale of the problem became clear for the first time.
Upstart NoSQL software vendor MongoDB has snagged a key engineer from the ranks of Oracle, the company's largest competitor in the database software market.
There's no immediate end in sight to trouble that has hit the U.S. State Department's computer system for processing visa applications and caused problems for thousands of people worldwide.
Oracle has responded to a former employee's claim that a new in-memory processing option is turned on by default with the latest release of Database 12c, insisting that the process of enabling it requires a series of deliberate steps.
Teradata has bought the assets of Revelytix and Hadapt in a bid to grow out its capabilities for the Hadoop big-data processing framework.
Oracle is hoping to turn heads in the crowded data analysis market with Big Data SQL, a software tool that can run a single SQL query against Oracle's own database as well as Hadoop and NoSQL data stores.
Storage has always affected how fast software runs, but IT shops now have more tools they can bring to bear on the problem.
Following its success with Amazon Web Services, MongoDB's namesake database can now run on cloud services from Microsoft and Google.
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often ...
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is taking the fight to IBM, Microsoft and SAP in the burgeoning in-memory database market with a new option the company says can deliver dramatic performance boosts without requiring changes to applications.
A novel form of database that focuses on connections between entities, called a graph database, is finding a home in the health care industry.
Enterprises can now run Windows Server 2012 R2 on Amazon's cloud, taking advantage of features such as tiered storage, and they can also combine the OS with SQL Server 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
- Mobile OS once considered dead comes back to life in Indian smartphone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia