The first question is: Where’s the Cloud?
ith a 65% share of the SAN market, the company is in an enviable position to jump on next-generation data center opportunities
Motivated by increased demand, the South Australia-based ISP's datacentre will boost customer capacity by 45 per cent.
Enterasys, the networking division of Siemens Enterprise Communications this week unveiled it data center strategy, which hinges on partnerships and multivendor inclusion as well as the policy-based management capabilities of its switches.
Brocade this week rolled out 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 8Gbps FibreChannel modules for its routers and storage-area network switches designed to increase the wire-speed density of both platforms to better support network consolidation and improve servic...
Cisco, HP and others are waging an epic battle to gain control of the data center, but at the same time they are joining forces to push through new Ethernet standards that could greatly ease management of those increasingly virtualized IT nerve cente...
Faced with the continued commoditization of servers, IT vendors this year will try to differentiate their offerings by moving toward more highly integrated, unified compute platforms.
Interest in modular data centers is growing, fueled by high-profile endorsements from Microsoft and Google. But the model raises new management concerns, and efficiency claims may be exaggerated.
Whitepapers about datacentre
The need for robust datacentre security has never been greater, with CIOs having to account for budget constraints, cloud architectures and flat networks with fewer, natural ‘choke points.’ This whitepaper explores the best application delivery controller for building enterprise cloud networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA