Organizers of The Day We Fight Back, a protest Tuesday against U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, called the effort a "tremendous success," with nearly 100,000 phone calls made to U.S. lawmakers and 185,000 people signing up to send...
More than 4,000 groups and websites have signed on to support a day of protest against U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, scheduled for Tuesday.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for changes to U.S. National Security Agency surveillance, with new privacy advocates assigned to a surveillance court and a transition away from a controversial telephone records collection program in the U.S.
A group of activist groups and Internet companies are planning a coordinated protest of U.S. National Security Agency surveillance on Feb. 11, with the hope that millions of people will join them.
A bipartisan group of more than 85 lawmakers has introduced legislation to end the U.S. National Security Agency's broad collection of U.S. telephone records by imposing new restrictions on who the agency can target.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Insight AnalystACT
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCEPAS Technical Support OfficersNSW
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTIteration ManagerSA
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW