The Stop Online Piracy Act, the subject of a hearing before the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Wednesday, has generated heated debate since lawmakers introduced it on Oct. 26.
Legislation in the U.S. Congress that would allow federal law enforcement officials to block websites accused of copyright piracy is necessary because of the vast number of foreign sites trading in infringing music and movies and counterfeit products...
Two U.S. government agencies have obtained seizure orders for the domain names of 82 websites accused of selling products that infringe copyright law, including music, movies and handbags.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT