The number of DDoS attacks increased by 180 percent during the third quarter of this year compared to the same period in 2014.
Authorities are looking for the operators of IRC servers used to coordinate the December attacks.
Forget tablet computers or smartphones. 2010 was the year of the distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack, if network security outfit Arbor Networks is to be believed.
Whitepapers about DDoS attacks
This whitepaper is the third in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section refers to case studies of different approaches to deploying protection architecture, including an enterprise customer scenario, an FSI customer scenario and an SMB customer scenario. The paper explains how these options should provide the flexibility and needed to combat the modern DDoS threat.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCProject ControllerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW