The number of DDoS attacks increased by 180 percent during the third quarter of this year compared to the same period in 2014.
Authorities are looking for the operators of IRC servers used to coordinate the December attacks.
Forget tablet computers or smartphones. 2010 was the year of the distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack, if network security outfit Arbor Networks is to be believed.
Whitepapers about DDoS attacks
This whitepaper is the third in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section refers to case studies of different approaches to deploying protection architecture, including an enterprise customer scenario, an FSI customer scenario and an SMB customer scenario. The paper explains how these options should provide the flexibility and needed to combat the modern DDoS threat.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW