At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
The cost of cybercrime services has dropped dramatically according to a recent investigation into forums and marketplaces on the Dark Web.
For the second day in a row, blog-hosting giant WordPress.com suffered a distributed denial-of-service attack that it was able to cut off quickly. The motive remains a matter of speculation.
People using a tool to conduct distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks against other websites in support of WikiLeaks can easily be traced, according to computer security researchers.
WikiLeaks neither supports nor condemns the cyber attacks that have targeted its critics, it said Friday, just as it appears the attackers are mounting a fresh operation against Moneybookers.com.
Videos about ddos
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
- New DMA Locker ransomware is ramping up for widespread attacks
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC