Guns produced with 3D printers pose a public safety risk that's beyond the ability of regulators to control it, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security bulletin to law enforcement agencies warned this week.
Kim Dotcom has ordered the removal from his Mega file-storage service design plans for a controversial one-bullet plastic gun.
3D printing has been attracting more attention in recent months as a tool to create gadgets, toys and miniature works of art. Now President Barack Obama thinks it can also play a role in strengthening the military and America's sagging manufacturing ...
Proposed legislation in California aims to ban guns made using 3-D printing, after an organization Defense Distributed fired a handgun made with the technology, and said it would distribute its drawings online.
Defense Distributed, the pro-gun nonprofit working to make 3D-printable gun designs freely available to everyone on the Internet, recently inched one step closer toward achieving that goal. The Austin, Texas-based group last week was granted a federa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
- Google goes after Microsoft, Tableau, and others with a new free analytics tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT