At what will probably be the last EMC World in Las Vegas ahead of the company and its 'federation' of subsidiaries being absorbed into the Dell empire, suitor Michael Dell today laid out his vision of radically changed IT industry.
“Our early results also show there was an inventory buildup from holiday sales in the fourth quarter of 2015."
Ouch: "There was no particular motivation for U.S. consumers to purchase PCs in the first quarter of 2016," said Gartner, one of two top analyst firms saying worldwide PC sales fell between 10 and 12 percent during the first quarter.
“Business leaders understand the need to invest in their security infrastructure, but that isn’t translating..."
In a world of PCs dominated by Windows and Macs, Dell's line of "Project Sputnik" laptops with Ubuntu Linux have secured a cult following.
AMD wants to counter concerns that system administrators may have about placing ARM servers in data centers with its new chips code-named Seattle, which are now shipping in volume after a long delay.
It looks like the Dell-EMC wedding is on: EMC says it hasn't gotten any better proposals, and Dell reportedly is trying to shed Perot Systems to trim down for those photos.
Cloud and mobile computing have created an imperative for the tech world: Change or fail. Here, are the IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of 2015.
Users who have Dell Windows-based laptops, desktops, tablets and other devices that were bought before August should check if their systems have the self-signed eDellRoot certificate that can compromise their private communications.
In an attempt to provide a more streamlined remote support experience, Dell installed a self-signed root certificate and corresponding private key on its customers' computers, exposing users' encrypted communications to potential spying.
At least some Dell laptops are shipping with a trusted root certificate authority pre-installed, something that those who discovered the CA are comparing to the Superfish adware installed on Lenovo machines that left them open to man-in the-middle at...
While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
Dell released a new family of servers on Tuesday for companies that want some of the benefits of hyper-scale data centers without having to do the custom engineering work.
Dell got a jump start in the world of analytics software when it acquired StatSoft early last year, and on Tuesday it forged further ahead into the space with a new Statistica release and a variety of industry-specific services.
The first question is: Where’s the Cloud?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- Google and Slack deepen partnership in the face of Microsoft Teams
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW