Small Chinese tablet makers continue to experiment with dual-boot tablets running Windows or Android, a market that big device makers have shied from.
The Linux-based Ubuntu OS is finding its way into tablets with Dell's latest Inspiron hybrids, which can function as tablets and laptops.
Cheap Android tablets can be hard to differentiate, but Dell wants to ratchet up the quality with its $199 Venue 8 tablet, which has new features like wireless charging and a full high-definition screen.
The Secure Boot security mechanism of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) can be bypassed on around half of computers that have the feature enabled in order to install bootkits, according to a security researcher.
Traditionally viewed as a geek's paradise, the Computex trade show will turn into a battlefield for the body next week.
Dell is making a line of PCs using plastics obtained by expanding its recycling program.
Dell is making updates to its Android-based, thumb-size PC called Wyse Cloud Connect -- widely known as Project Ophelia -- as the company moves to make the stick computer suitable for consumers.
Reeling from the Heartbleed security fiasco, major IT vendors including Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Google and Cisco are backing a Linux Foundation initiative designed to boost open source projects considered critical to the industry.
Dell, Toshiba, Acer, Lenovo and ASUS battle it out for supremacy in the market for low-cost tablets pre-installed with Microsoft Office
Enterprise IT vendors are rushing to protect users from the Heartbleed bug, which has been found in some servers and networking gear and could allow attackers to steal critical data -- including passwords and encryption keys -- from the memories of e...
PC sales in Western Europe have risen after 13 consecutive quarters of decline, according to market research company Gartner. The market research company said government spending and the replacement of machines running Windows XP contributed to the g...
The looming threat of running an unsupported OS wasn't enough to save PC shipments from continuing their slide in the first quarter.
Dell's new rugged laptop has a 11.6-inch screen with a twist -- the screen can rotate 180 degrees to turn the device into a tablet.
Dell has added another company to its growing software portfolio with the acquisition of predictive analytics company, StatSoft, for an undisclosed amount.
Dell has admitted that some of its XPS 12 convertible laptops have "burn-in" issues with the display and is offering to replace affected screens for free, even on systems that are out of warranty.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- PC market in 2014 a bit less dire than previously thought
- Cotap, a WhatsApp for the enterprise, links with cloud storage providers
- Apple loses bid for sales ban in Samsung patent case
- Broadcom wants to let 1,000 IoT devices bloom with $19.99 development kit
- Microsoft rolls out DLP to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW