The Venue 10 7000 from Dell and the Surface 3 from Microsoft share a few things in common: they will ship in a few weeks, are marketed as tablets that can be used as laptops, and start at $499. But they offer different advantages.
Security vendor Malwarebytes has flagged the Dell System Detect tool as a potentially unwanted application after older versions of the program were found to put computers at risk.
Attackers could have remotely installed malware on systems running a flawed Dell support tool used to detect customers' products.
More Andoid devices get Microsoft apps... Top EU court hears challenge to data exchange deal... Facebook to host content for media groups... and more tech news.
The new MacBook is supposed to usher in a wire-free future for laptops, but Apple left out technologies that could have saved road warriors a few ungainly wires.
Dell is getting deeper into the business of securing corporate networks, releasing a new integrated security suite based on encryption technology it acquired when it purchased Credent in 2012.
Dell has started shipping its least expensive Chromebook, a Chromebook 11 that starts at US$249.99.
Dell's tech support wants to be able to call you before a problem strikes your PC or tablet.
Intel buys Lantiq for communications push ... next-gen Raspberry Pi gets Windows 10 ... Pirate Bay pops up again ... and more news
A new version of Dell's Kace K1000 Systems Management Appliance adds support for a wider array of devices, including Chromebooks, so enterprises and other organizations can better control these Chrome OS computers.
Curved displays may be a fad in TVs, but they could stick around longer in computer monitors.
Dell's XPS 13 laptop elicited a "wow" the first time I saw it. The jubilation was similar to seeing the first MacBook Air pulled out of a manila envelope in 2008.
The parade of superlatives known as CES lumbers on today as Dell trots out what it's calling the "world's thinnest tablet," the Venue 8 7000. Not listed in Dell's spec sheet: The fact that the device is nominated for my coveted "Blandest Name for a C...
One of these days I'm apparently going to unfold a piece of printer paper and find out it's secretly a laptop. That's the feeling I get when I see Dell throwing around claims like "smallest 13-inch laptop in the world" in reference to the new XPS 13....
Dell has thinned down and sped up its new laptops, but the 15 hours (and more) of battery life in its new XPS 13 ultraportable stands out.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ISP argues net neutrality rules violate its right to block content
- Former Hacking Team developer reportedly in contact with a terrorist group
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW