Alienware is moving into the living room with the announcement of its compact Alpha PC.
Microsoft is helping hardware makers build low-priced Windows PCs to combat Chromebooks and the early results of that effort are hitting the market.
Dell is organizing the backup software products that it has acquired in the past two years into a coherent portfolio, bundling three of its storage software products into a single package to simplify licensing for the enterprise.
Expectations for the success of ARM servers are diminishing as processors and product releases get delayed, a top Dell executive said.
Server sales could spike with the expiration of extended support for Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 OS in July next year, a Dell executive said.
Microsoft leads the way, but has plenty of company on jobs cut front
Want to buy a laptop with bitcoins? Dell is now accepting the digital currency as a form of payment.
Dell's only Chromebook is at least temporarily unavailable for online purchase through the company's website, only seven months after the model started shipping.
Some top hardware companies have established a new Internet of Things consortium to create standards so that billions of devices can connect to each other.
Dell plans to expand its storage lineup with a series of midsized SAN arrays and a portfolio of software-defined storage systems, furthering two prominent industry trends.
The first software updates to improve functionality, including enterprise use, are out from Dell for its thumb-size PC, the Wyse Cloud Connect.
Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
Hewlett-Packard's attempt to come up with a new architecture for computers is "laughable" and would make trillions of dollars in software investment obsolete, according to a top Dell executive.
Small Chinese tablet makers continue to experiment with dual-boot tablets running Windows or Android, a market that big device makers have shied from.
The Linux-based Ubuntu OS is finding its way into tablets with Dell's latest Inspiron hybrids, which can function as tablets and laptops.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- The cheapest way to buy an iPad from Apple
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW